1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redesigned sixaxis. How would you feel about it?

Discussion in 'PS3 - Modding & Hacking' started by anubis66, Jul 18, 2007.

1. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

http://kotaku.com/gaming/pictures-are-never-real/force-unleashed-sixaxis-kinda-debunked-279378.php

its been officially denied, but what would you think?

i for one cant understand why people like the analog stick unsymmetrical like on the 360. one thumb will cramp up differently than the other and its feels so awkward. i like symmetry. if the sixaxis ever had this redesign, my ps3 would be for sale that day. the off-kilter analog sticks caters to righties more than lefties. the sixaxis is better and caters to lefties and righties.

2. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

I agree. This would have given 360 fanboys one more thing for them to bitch at us for.

3. Edgewise

Edgewise Regular member

yea that would not be cool. but it looks like a photoshop job to me.

4. thegrunt

thegrunt Regular member

Thats how I feel about all the playstation controls 1,2,& 3.Anyways that control looks like a crappy photoshop

5. canuckerz

canuckerz Regular member

Yeah I definitely prefer the normal six-axis to that monstrosity. Its much easier to get a feel for the game and move around when the two analogs are symmetrical. Besides there's a reason they didn't change the design to those weird silver pads that were reminiscent of a sidewinder joy-pad.
    [​IMG]
    The Original design works great barley anyone complains about it once they're use to it, I don't see them changing it unless everyone starts rioting.

6. vinny13

vinny13 Guest

I've had a PS1 and PS2, and tried every Xbox controler many times and I still like the placement of the analog sticks better on the Playstations.

7. jbthegrt

jbthegrt Member

srry, maybe u should just complain about me

8. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

@darylc

who uses an analog stick for tony hawk? you have to be kidding me. its alot less precise when you have specific directions to go.

the analog sticks are next to eachother for fps and sorts, where two analog sticks are used. there are fewer games that use 1 analog stick plus the main buttons. and there are plenty that work better with the dpad and and buttons over analog. so in my eye, it was the best and most symmetrical design to have the sticks next to eachother, plus its more comfortable. if only the sixaxis had a "medium" and "large" sized controller..

9. anubis66

anubis66 Regular member

yeah 360 dpad blows imo too. the choice of what you use is yours and everyones alone. whatever you use best. the dpad just is east to know you arent going to do a trick you didnt want. i hit insane tricks in thp8, but the glitches that would mess me up pissed me off so much i havnt payed it in so long. and whats with hte low grav? the game was made for children and takes no skill to play besides button mashing. its all made too easy. i remember the days the tony hawk series was realistic, and that was ps1. wtf. it was hard to get points then. now we hit billions? lame-o.

10. Jlhfit

Jlhfit Regular member

wtf.... someone who is lazy that cant move their thumb over an inch and half must have designed that.....

11. Iceboie

Iceboie Guest

If I remembered correctly, I saw this fake controller on eBay over a year ago when Sony introuduced the PS3 console.