1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

redirect problem.

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by biggun31, Feb 2, 2007.

1. biggun31

biggun31 Member

I was wondering if anyone knew how to stop my IE from being redirected to lame search engines when clicking on legit links. I have run antivirus,spyware,anti-hijacking cleaners and still haveing the problem. Any ideas are most welcome.

2. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

This sounds like a classic case of a CoolWebSearch infection. This nasty little program and all its variants are hard to remove. Trend Micro has a free utility called CWShredder that deals specifically with removing CoolWebSearch infections. If you have a CoolWebSearch infection it may cause you to be redirected from Trend Micros download page. So in case thats the case heres a link to download the file from megaupload. And dont worry the program itself is just a single executable (no install needed) and its only 520kb so even a user with a slow dial-up connection can download it.

heres the link.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NEALUWK1

I would be surprised if this doesn't dramatically help you out. If it in fact doesn't help post back and I'll try to help ya out.