1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redirecting a dvd

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by amund, Mar 12, 2005.

1. amund

amund Member

I have this dvd which I have removed extras an stuff from. Now the problem is that it won't play on a dvd player. I think it's because it's looking for something that has been removed from the dvd. See if you run it through dvd shrink you can see that the main movie and the menus are still there.
    So can you somehow redirect the dvd startpoint, so that it starts with the menu, istead of whatever I have removed, using something like IFOEdit or something?

Thanx
    Amund

2. dumbfuker

dumbfuker Member

Amund,

I routinely do as you've described, that is, remove all but the main title. I use Shrink's reauthor option and simple drag over the main title and click on backup. I then burn with DVD Decrypter. You didn't say specifically what software you used, but if you give it a try with DVD Shrink and Decrypter (or your preferred burning software), I suspect your problems will go away.

Regards,

DF

3. amund

amund Member

yeah but if you use reauthor you will loose the menu. I've already done this, and it worked fine. But I want to keep the menus! So I need to manually reroute the dvd startpoint from being something like a warning or trailer or something to being the menu. I'm sure this is possible with IFOEdit, but I just don't know how to do it...

4. dumbfuker

dumbfuker Member

Oh, I understand now. Sorry, you're way over my head with that issue.

DF

5. arniebear

arniebear Active member

Last edited: Mar 14, 2005
  6. amund

amund Member

Hey arniebear...
    I checked out the link but it didn't help me much, as all he did was to remove half the disc and the use dvdshrink reauthor to simply make the second disc main movie only. I want to know how to manually guide your dvd to what ever startpoint you want. This is what get VTS sectors in IFOEdit does, but if you haven't used IFOEdit to edit the files, then get VTS sectors doesn't do anything... So the question is, how do you do this manually?