1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redundancy Error

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jenzbby, Jan 22, 2007.

1. jenzbby

jenzbby Guest

Hi there...having big problem with adult movies. We have quite a collection of movies in general that I have backed up because of our kids (they trash them!) and now I am working on our adult movie collection which I want to back-up with no labels and lock the "real ones" away so the kids can't get to them.

I have always used dvdshrink with Anydvd or dvdx if I had a problem with the other, but I prefer dvdshrink and anydvd. Anyway, I as I try to get the adult movies going on both programs I get an error that says "redundancy problem" or cyclical issue. Is there anything I can do about this?? Are there other programs that anyone can suggest I use to fix this??

This is so annoying as I have done so many others with no problems! Thanks fo any input!!

2. rdmercer1

rdmercer1 Active member

make sure that you are up to date on your anydvd also you might try clonedvd to go with anydvd, also make sure that your dvd's are cleen , free of finger prints smudges stuff like that

3. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

You naughty perv!!!! LOL

Those adult flicks usually don't have any encryption-except for Wicked Pictures.

I have also gotten some bad presses-Wicked flicks featuring Jenna J.

Try shutting down anydvd. That program has been known to give people issues when there's no special encryption.

Gotta check for any color-blue- spots/scratches/dirty discs and clean them up. A big fat fingerprint will definitely give you a crc error, LOL.

Then try dvd shrink by itself,leaving anydvd disabled. If you still get that crc error,try dvd decrypter-using file mode.

You'll have to change 2 of the default settings in dvd decrypter:

Tools/Settings/I/O: Tick the bottom right box that says ignore all read errors. Then go to the CSS tab,click the box that says BRUTE FORCE. Then OK.

Then try ripping with dvd decrypter using File Mode-remember where that movie goes. If you can get it on your harddrive,then open up dvd shrink,open files,and find that movie,and backup using your normal process. Dvd decrypter is a more aggressive ripper,and worked through those crc errors on a few backups,but not all of them. It's also free,but I have no link for it. Try mrbass.com

4. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Wash your hands before you remove them from the player! The discs are probably dirty as probably your hands. LMAO!

5. jenzbby

jenzbby Guest

Ok guys thanks! I have gotten one done so far but I tried three. Not sure what's wrong....and just so everyone knows they are clean (!!)....

I appreaciate everyones suggestions. Thanks!

6. candycab

candycab Member

You could always try DVDFab Decrypter first, Ive had it read things DVD Shrink wont [ usually due to encryption ] you will need to run them through something like VOD Blanker afterward and then DVD Shrink.

Thst usually works well for me when I have a simillar issue : )

7. born2ride

born2ride Regular member

jenzbby
    i had some that had huge amounts on them so i broke them up to fit on 4.7 discs..i never had one with protection on it i guess. you know the really dirty ones....

8. david66

david66 Regular member

crc errors are the result of your burner unable to read the disc because of errors on the disc check the firmware of your burner you may need to upgrade go WWW.firmwarepage.com you will need to know the model#of your burner

9. Agent0008

Agent0008 Regular member

What a perv, I'll bet you sit and watch the preview window while it's being scanned!!!

I've done this once ahem, for a friend, cough cough.

I had to back up the files on my hard drive to a folder and then have shrink read them from there, other wise it always failed.

10. candycab

candycab Member

Definitly good advice : )

I have had some Sony DVD's give me CRC errors in shrink religiously that will infact play in the drive with no issues at all.

I think this may have to do with its encryption vs it being a true CRC error since everyone of these DVD's were successfully ripped using DVDFab Decrypter without a single CRC error coming up.

11. candycab

candycab Member

Just got "Invincible" via Netflix and though the DVD is in pristine condition and plays fine, Im getting the mystery Cyclic redunancy Error using DVD Shrink.

More than ever Im going with a form of copy protection as the reason for this since DVD Fab reads it just fine.

12. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

@candycab

You don't really need to be posting about copying netflix movies. edit out the "via netflix" we don't need to know where you got it from. Against forum rules.

You'll need more than Shrink to break encryption on new movies.

For new Encryptions you need AnyDVD or DVD Fab Decrypter

Since Shrink and DVD Decrypter are no longer updated it cannot handle the newer encryptions on the discs. You'll need a program like AnyDVD with free trial for 21 days from here:

http://www.slysoft.com

Or a free program like DVD Fab Decrypter from here:

http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

Here's a guide for ripping with DVDFab if needed:

http://www.dvdshrink.info/dvdfab_decrypter.php OR

Ripit4Me-
    http://www.ripit4me.org

Guides:
    RipIt4Me..Quick Reference Guide
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/360110

Reload this Page FAQ: An animated tutorial how to use the Wizard with RipIt4Me
    http://forum.digital-digest.com/showthread.php?t=68097

DVDFab Decrypter-
    http://www.dvdidle.com/free.htm

VobBlanker-
    http://jsoto.posunplugged.com/vobblanker.htm

Guides:

DVDFAB Decrypter + VobBlanker guide by alkohol
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/334154

Last edited: Feb 1, 2007
  13. jenzbby

jenzbby Guest

I could never get that particule movie go back up; I tried everything I just don't understand it!

But I have done several others with no problems, it is really so odd.

Thanks for the info of the firmware, I was completely unaware of this.

Thanks everyone!

14. candycab

candycab Member

Sorry dude, I lost my head there for a minute and definitly wasnt thinking on that one ; ) Thanks for the check ; )

15. peperena

peperena Member

Not sure if I am doing this right but here goes.
    I am getting Bad CRC error messages occacionally and it seems to be getting more frequent. Someone just advised me about CRCs.
    Is it possible that my software itself is out of date? I noticed that my DVD has a 4x rating even though I usually burn at minimum speed. Meanwhile I noticed that the media itself has an 8x rating. Is it possible these are conflicting and giving these cyclical redundancy errors?

16. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

Would you believe you haven't told us what software or version. So how could we know if it's outdated? You ask about media and you don't tell us what you're using or who manufactured it (DVD Identifier, just google). Usually the redundancy errors come from smudged and/or scratched DVDs or a bad press. If not there, then you start looking toward the firmware and hardware.

17. peperena

peperena Member

Sorry Pacman. I wanted to know if the firmware update or lack of it could give me the CRC error message.
    I am using a TDK 440N.
    Checking in control panel details dialogue box:
    IDE\CDROMTDK_DVDRW0404N__________________________1.06____\5&14576FB3&0&0.0.0
    I assume that means I am using version 1.06.
    Checking the TDK website it seems there has been at least 2 upgrades since .... newest is 1.0C.
    If the source DVD is bad (smudging, scratching or bad press)I can relate. That's the reason I never lay a finger on any DVD surface that I own. But I was really trying to make sure that it wasn't my burner or firmware at fault.
    Thanks for the response.
    Is thee any way to go around this CRC error?

18. garmoon

garmoon Regular member

Definitely upgrade the firmware if you're 2 behind. I had that burner originally. It will help it recognize the newer media.

19. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

I agree with garmoon. Do the firmware upgrade. It is a possibility for CRC errors, so it needs to be eliminated as a cause. A scan of the DVD will give an idea if there's anything wrong with the press. You still haven't told us what DVD you're working with and what software. I suspect Shrink, but what are you using as the decryption software with it?

20. peperena

peperena Member

I will upgrade the firmware but won't be able to for a few days.
    I am not sure which films I was working on and received that error. I know it has happened more than once. Last time I believe on Cars ... I own the original but won't let the grandkids play with that one.
    You were right about using Shrink. I was using DVD Decrypter also.
    Also tried with DVD Fab and XCopy and they fared no better.
    Time to get newer software, I know, but not much point if I can't get rid of CRC errors.
    Or will some encryptions mask themselves as that?