1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Redundant question maybe, or maybe not...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by ikarius, May 23, 2004.

1. ikarius

ikarius Member

hey everyone

this question must have been asked so many times, and i read many threads on this forums about it, but it doesn't really answer my question clearly.

Using the PSX in the old times, I was able to accomplish the swaptrick, with the Playstation 2, I am able to boot PSX games using the swaptrick and that pretty easily now... When it comes to playstation 2 games, i haven't tried it yet, but i've read many things about it.

First, I read you needed a Gameshark, which I don't and gameshark itself is as expensive as a modchip, and as i dont use cheats, better use a modchip, but i dont really feel like buying one and messing with my ps2. The GS boot thinggy looked nice, and easily to perform...

Then, i've read an old article about another swaptrick that requires a certain patch and a utility disc, though, this has been updated with a new patch utility which you can boot from any original ps2 CDs... but does it covers DVD ? *shrugs*

Then i've read another article that speaks about the memory card exploit. Seems pretty easy to accomplish but requires swap magic, as swap magic is almost as expensive as GS... yeah, you get the idea...

Finally, I've read an article that states that, if you do it right, the ps2 swaptrick was almost as "simple" as the psx one. You put the original ps2 disc, then swap to backup before seeing the license screen (the "Playstation 2" logo).

Some of you might think that overall, for someone who never used PS2 backups, this might be confusing. Now... my question is...

Is there a swaptrick method that doesn't use GS or Swap Magic ? Or is there a better method (without GS, SM, or modchip) ?

Side-note: I am not scared with opening my PS2 and directly do the swaptrick with the drive, I don't like those knife and cog methods, I learned the hard way, and I prefer the hard way, lol.

Another side-note: Much of you will think i am a cheap guy, well, yeah maybe i am, but i dont have 50$ for a GS (yes, GS2 here are about that price ¬¬) or 20$ USD (which is about 35$ CAD) for a modchip... heh

Thank you.

2. aXidburn

aXidburn Guest

u dnt have 20 dollers?....how would u copy ur games...dvd's are at least a doller each?....if u dnt wanna spend 20 dollers u got a problem..

3. ikarius

ikarius Member

Easy, first:

DVD Media i use has been given to me. And I only wanna burn one game, perfect no ?

And second, 20$ USD is 35$ CAD here, and more of it, because i am living in a freaking village, after doing some calculations of the fees, blah blah blah,

A 25$ USD mod chip comes to be 92.34$ CAD (which includes the chip, the shipping and all the fees i gotta pay)

here the explanation... thanks for being that welcoming !

4. billz

billz Active member

you can definately get swap magic for cheap shop around you'll definately get it for under 30 us