1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reel film

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by josp03, Mar 30, 2005.

1. josp03

josp03 Member

so whats the best way to convert film reels like 8mm 16mm to digital video? Ive been looking and havent found much ...if someone could point me to some websites with machines and equipment i would appreciate it.

thanks all

by the way i have a advc 300...not sure if that helps

Last edited: Mar 30, 2005
  2. pfh

pfh Guest

Here's a site http://lavender.fortunecity.com/lavender/569/filmtovideo.html

but it's for doing film to video and about a year old, however, I think you'er still looking at a telecine operation. That would get you a good media to THEN do a transfer to digital with. Ya gotta get that film on video first unless you'er set up like George Lucas.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

It would be cheaper and easier to take the Film to a Studio and get them to transfer the Film to DV tape for you cuz if you only have a Few Reels it would be Much cheaper than spending $20,000 to $200,000 on professinal Equipment and at a Studio they would have the High end Equipment that most Poeple could never afford so the Quality would be Much better than if you were to do it yourself with Cheapo equipment...

Cheers