1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reflashing Samsung M25 with iXtreme...arrgh!

Discussion in 'Xbox 360 - Modding & Hacking' started by y2drew, Sep 5, 2007.

1. y2drew

y2drew Member

Could someone please help this noob! My head's spinning after reading all sorts of tutorials and walkthoughs and guides! None of them help me 100% as my situation's a little different...

I have an XBOX360 (obviously), with a Samsung M25 drive. I sent it away some time ago and it was flashed with a now out-of-date firmware (the firmware before iXtreme was released I think).
    I was NOT supplied with a copy of the orig.bin and now I want to reflash the drive to use iXtreme. I've already bought the right VIA chipset SATA controller, opened the 360 and fitted the drive to the PC and everything and made a USB boot drive.

I was using a pdf tutorial and it says I have to type "iDump" followed by the serial number. When I do this it says:
    "please wait...
    No Drive Detected
    1 file(s) copied"

I just getting a headache reading all the tutorials! I read something about FirmGuard that was on the older firmwares; could this be the problem?

Any help VERY much appreciated!

2. dakid712

dakid712 Member

Are you using the mtkflash method ?

3. y2drew

y2drew Member

I don't think so. I read something about MTKFLASH, but I don't really know what it is...is it easier?

4. 360noob

360noob Guest

You could be getting this because your mtk flash cannot work with your chipset unless you get the proper drivers... make sure in Iprep that you had your via card selected? and it came up with some numbers above that?

5. mingaling

mingaling Member

No brainer here but sometimes we forget the obvious (as was in my case :p). Make sure the SATA cable is plugged in to the xbox drive before you power on the xbox. Otherwise it will not recognize that drive.

6. y2drew

y2drew Member

Thanks for the replies!

When I made the USB boot stick I selected VIA and the numbers were there.

I turned the PC on, waited for it to get to the prompt and turned on the 360 with the SATA cable connected.

7. JLF24

JLF24 Regular member

Did you install the newest drivers for your VIA Chipset?

That would be my guess... once you get the drive recognized

flash it like a M28 since it has hacked FW already on it...

here is a link for the VIA drivers...

http://360hax.com/download.php?view.45

Also only install the drivers... DO NOT INSTALL THE VIA RAID CONFIG

UTILITY...

Last edited: Sep 6, 2007
  8. y2drew

y2drew Member

Hey guys, thanks for the help. It seems to have done the trick...I'm a bit further now.

It finds the drive and I type "1" at the prompt to select the drive. Then it says "Port: ec00, Master/Slave: a0"...and that's it. Apparently it's meant to say "flashtype" afterwards and then some other stuff. Mine doesn't.

UPDATE: I've now tried with the mtkflash r /m /sata orig.bin, then you turn the 360 off for 10 secs and it should run some stuff. Which it did.
    Now I've followed the tutorial found here in the most part and everything seems fine. Once I'd reflashed the drive, I extracted the orig.bin again and checked it in 360 Toolbox and it says it's iXtreme 1.2Rev2 - it looks like it's worked!

Just of to test and I'll report back...thanks again guys!!

Last edited: Sep 7, 2007
  9. y2drew

y2drew Member

Everything now works perfectly! Online with ixtreme v1.2 rev2...woo hoo!

Thanks again!