1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reformat reinstall already softmod XBOX

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by andwan0, Jan 28, 2011.

1. andwan0

andwan0 Member

I have a softmodded XBOX. I like to reformat and reinstall vanilla softmod (ie Slayer 2.6). Will this work? Just by booting up his CD?

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Once formatted no need to do it again,slayers is a live cd so yep & the latest slayers is 2.7 tho i'm wondering why use slayers when AID is a much later install disc & can do hard or soft install,if you can't find anything on torrent try using xbins to get file or torrent

3. andwan0

andwan0 Member

Thanks man! You are the best! Exactly what I was looking for!

4. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

slayer discs kills your softmod. if you do a reformat using slayer disc; your softmod is gone... make sure you backup your eeprom before messing around; it will save you a alot of problems afterwards.

slayer 2.7 does not do a softmod reinstall, perhaps the aid disc does. but slayer will only work on a hardmodded (tsop or chipped) xbox.

5. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

Ok my bad regarding slayer 2.7 however AID 4.50 as well as the update pack of 4.51 (needs to be added if you want to update 4.50 instructions included) DOES both soft & hard you will also be able to backup eeprom from the live cd,AID also has many apps included which can run from live cd you'll see once you boot it they are in "Advanced" section in main menu scroll down to see it

6. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

/me waits for the "help.. i got error 16" panic thread... if it works LEAVE IT THE HELL ALONE!!!!... you can update the apps.. but for fks sake LEAVE the dash alone as well!!!!

7. dennisv9

dennisv9 Regular member

hahahahahhah...... you are right, messing around with the dashboards and reinstalling will end up with a non-booting dashboard and error. and people NEVER make a backup of their eeprom; so that ship has always sailed when they are at the point of error 16...

if you know what you are doing it is not a big problem. but if you don't; just leave the dash as it is and put all the dasboards etc. in the apps folder. then just boot it via the apps folder. in the old days i got so many people coming around after they messed with the slayer disc or deleted their dashboard trying to do (whatever they did)....

8. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

hardmod only way to go from the get go