1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reformatting dvd+rw HELP???

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Cizzle, Nov 18, 2004.

1. Cizzle

Cizzle Member

I bought some dvd+rw a while ago and when i was trying to burn a movie onto it, it said that it was unformatted. I use mainly alcohol and nero but don't know how to reformat the disks so i can burn onto them

Can anyone tell me how? thanks

2. RMeister

RMeister Guest

You need software like Roxio's Easy CD/DVD Creator 6.0 (If you can still find it) or Easy Media Creator 7.0 ($70-$90.00) or Ahead Software's Nero 6.3 Ultra Edition ($70.00-$90.00) to format a CD or DVD RW disc before you can use it. There maybe another product, hopefully Freeware, but I have not run a crossed it.

I have found Easy Media Creator easier to use, but I have been using it since Version 3.0, but as the saying goes; “Familiarity breeds contempt!”. I know a lot of people who believe Nero is better. I do use both programs and Nero has been more versatile.

3. Cizzle

Cizzle Member

okay. so seeing that i have those products where would i go in the submenus and such so i can format it?

i have nero 6 ultra but can't find the menu that will let me do it

4. StanH1000

StanH1000 Regular member

DVDInfoPro, downloadable freeware (if you don't mind a few ads), has a quick format/erase for DVD RW disks. Many other features as well, including media identifier, error detector, speed analysis, and other features.

5. Cizzle

Cizzle Member

perfect, thanks alot. one more for you

do you have to just format it once, or will you have to keep doing it for every burn.

Or will i just be able to erase it like a normal cd-rw?

6. kchev

kchev Regular member

Just the first time.

Nero automatically formatted mine right before it started burning. I know for sure because I just bought some new ones last night.