1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Refresh Toc :looking at sizes.

Discussion in 'PS2' started by sponger, Jun 17, 2004.

1. sponger

sponger Member

Hello all. So I just got my hands on a brand new v9 ps2 but I realized that the swap magic cd does not load in my new version.(swap dvd works fine) No big deal because I managed to find out how to solve this problem. If anyone is curious heres my solution:

1. Insert swapdvd 2.0
    2. flip top/swap and insert dvd loader.
    3. eject then insert insert SM cd 3.2 just so the dvd loader says ps2cd in the bottom corner.
    4. swap(not eject) for backup and press x.

Ok great right? Well yes and no.
    Basically what this is doing is refreshing toc for a cd. The inserting of the swapcd replaces the toc which is only about 600-650mb. This means I am able to play cd games that are under the size of 650mb.

*Ok now for my question. I need to know the biggest Toc CD game and largest Toc DVD game. As for the size of ps2 cd games I am clueless and any help would be greatly appreciated. I know some of the DVD games that people perfer such as DMC3 and FFX. But I really need to know the sizes of them because I am at the point where im considering buying the highest Toc DVD and CD game just to use them as refresh Toc loaders unless anyone knows a better way to do this. If anyone knows of some better disc/s that I can use that are cheaper that id appreciate any of that knowledge. I do not care if the game sux or is not fun, im buying them strictly for the refresh Toc function. If anyone knows sizes of big games that would be awesome if anyone could help me out.

Ok I am truely sorry for the length, but I am hoping that helps some people out because it took me forever to figure out how to make my cd's work.

Thanks in advance for any help I recieve.

2. devilhunt

devilhunt Active member

i believe the best toc disc for cd's is the breaker pro disc if i remember correctly it has a file size of a 99 min cd

3. bigboneli

bigboneli Guest

God bless the DMS3. Not saying it's the 'only' way to go, just happy I don't gotta play DJ with all the discs. To each their own.

4. sponger

sponger Member

Yea I dont blame you. Many times I have thought about investing in a chip, but I alreay have the dj material, so im gonna stik with it heh. Thank you for the info about the breaker pro. I will most likely be buying that one escpecially since i will be able to play psx backups now also. Sounds like the cd problem is solved.

Does anyone know any sizes of large DVD ps2 games?

5. bigboneli

bigboneli Guest

some 'large' dvd games are now on dvd9 dvd's, meaning they can be up to 8.5 gig total

meaning if you want to back them up, you need approx. 25 gig free to rip it to 2 dvd5's, or a dual layer burner, which SHOULD only require about the same size to make an image of, with dual layer media. there are sooo many other threads covering dual layer, i'll leave it to ya to search for em.

6. sponger

sponger Member

Hmm true, but i actually have xenosaga origional not a backup, and that game is dual layered and above 8gb. I have tried to use it as a toc disc but I believe since it is a dvd9 instead of 5 it will not work as a toc correctly for dvd5 discs. However I did happen to find a nice list of ps2 dvd sizes. Hmm I am not sure if I am allowed to post it, but its a huge list on ps2ownz.com
    that you can locate if you type in "toc size" under search.
    Thank you for everyones help.

7. buuf

buuf Member

The same list at ps2ownz is here. Just search "TOC database" and you'll find it.

Last edited: Jun 20, 2004