1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

refurbished ps2

Discussion in 'PS2' started by noryn, Oct 7, 2004.

1. noryn

noryn Member

I had a version ps2 which noone wanted to touch because of laser problems with versions 1-3. I traded my ps2 in today at Gamestop towards a new ps2 and with the new ps2 coming out in a few days none of them in my area have a unopened new ps2(old design).

I wont get a used one as I have no idea what the previous owner did to it however they do have a refurbished one but an employee recommended a used one over a refurbished ps2.

Any idea why? I am pretty intent on looking to see if those refurbished are versions 9-10 and if they are i will probably pick up one.

Just wanted some input on refurbished ps2.

2. sly_61019

sly_61019 Senior member

There are definatly v9 or v10 ps2's around. Everyone didn't just throw away their stock because the new ps2 is comming out. Otherwise, i highly recommend getting a premod.
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG]

V9 PS2, flip top, SMD, DVDLoader
    Pioneer 107, ritek g04
    DVD Shrink, DVD Decrypter, Nero[/small]

Last edited: Oct 9, 2004
  3. noryn

noryn Member

Yeah actually a few gamestop employees told me I wouldnt be able to find any in the state heh but I did find some at best buy.

What my situation was is this, I traded my old ps2 in which was a version 2 along with some games for store credit at gamestop which I wanted to use on a new ps2(not a slimline but just a new version 10). I told the guys at gamestop this, didnt tell them why just told them I wanted a new ps2 well they then said you can take the store credit and go to ANY babbages, soft. etc. or gamestop and get one hence why i didnt take the cash which would have been 40 dollars less than store credit.

Anyway turns out all gamestops I called in my area which was about 8 all told me in a jokingly fashion we havent had those for awhile since the new one is coming out but wanted me to get a used one instead of refurbed.

Well I decided to just go for a refurb and got a version 10. Thanks for the reply though! I just wondered if there was a reason the refurbs werent recommended or if it was just an employee who didnt know what they were talking about.