1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REGAINING FLASH0 STORAGE TUTORIAL

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by JabJab42, Nov 2, 2007.

1. JabJab42

JabJab42 Regular member

Hello
    One day ago I ran out of Flash0 space. So logically to fix the problem I put the backup copy back into flash0 thinking that all the old files would be back and I would have space again WRONG. What happens is when you install a new XMB theme it has extra files that come along with it. In the VSH>RESOURCE file I found four extra files that weren't in my backup.

STEP 1. (Make sure you have a backup of flash, well you should have one since you have been flashing XMB's. It has to be the first backup you ever made). Ok back to the tutorial. Delete everything in the flash0. I mean everything, delete all six folders.

STEP 2. Put the backup folders back into Flash0.

When I did this I regained 1MB without deleting any other necessary components like Update or the browser. There is no way you can brick your psp I guarantee it myself. BUT if anything does happen I am not responsible.

I hope this helps
    Max

Last edited: Nov 2, 2007
  2. marlino23

marlino23 Regular member

Well it may not be important but state what firmware you were on when you did this, may not work on some (I'm thinking 3.71 M33)... you may want to add more detailed things. Like the fact that the DIC folder isnt important and how to delete japanese fonts and etc.

3. JabJab42

JabJab42 Regular member

I'm on 3.52 M33. But if people are like me they would like there psp to be the same as before, they started messing with the Flash0. So my tutorial is just showing how to get rid of all the excess stuff from XMB's and returning the Flash0 to its original state without deleting components like the Japanese font. But thank you for your advice. I will take consideration of what you said.

Thank you
    Max