1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regarding Evox, Slayer's v2.6, Error 21, and FTP.

Discussion in 'Xbox - Software discussion' started by fastkart8, Dec 23, 2004.

1. fastkart8

fastkart8 Guest

Ok, I have on my previous posts about my xbox coming up error 21. Let me explain in detail:

In November I called up Micro$oft because my xbox was lagging during graphically intense games. Like Halo/Halo 2. That sorta game. Anyways, they gave me my passcode for my xbox to go into and reset the harddrive to default. Like no game saves, or soundtracks. I did this and it worked. My thing was that it got rid of tons of music and saves, so it freed up some of the memory. So now, well a few nights ago, it started not loading all my saves...like it was acting up again. So I had that code from the last time and I went ahead and put it in. After it was done, it asked me if I wanted to reset the xbox, click A to continue. I clicked A and it came up the damn error 21 screen.
    Even though I did what M$ said, I don't want it to be sent to them only because I had Evox on there. And since it is an illegal software, I dont wanna get sued or any bullshit like that. I know how M$ is, assholes. Anyways, is there a way I can FTP into the xbox to see what it says? I mean whats the point of FTP'ing into the Xbox do you get to see certain files or something? If a file is missing, where can I get it? Also, what do I need? I know an ethernet, but does it have to be crossover? FlashFXP or something right? And what else? By the way, I can find my computer's IP...but do I need my Xbox's IP? How can I get it with that error 21 screen up there?
    I am downloading Slayer's v2.6. So after it is downloaded (which is in .exe format right now) I do what? I heard something about unraring it and unziping it. But how would I do this? I know how to unzip, and I have winrar. So am I set? And I should get an .iso outta it right? Which I burn to a CD-RW as an image off of Nero right?
    Please Help,
    Stephen

2. FullySik

FullySik Guest

unrar is the same as unzip u just double click on the exe and it will unzip into the folder that u choose it too and the iso will be there.
    ftp'ing is just to send files from your pc to your xbox like apps and stuff. to get your xboxes ip in evox click system management, system settings and your xboxes ip will be there. use flashfxp the username and password is xbox. and to burn go on nero burning rom close the new complication window, click recorder, burn image and select the iso and burn it onto a cd-rw

3. fastkart8

fastkart8 Guest

thanks for the response but...thats my problem i have error 21 right now..so i cant go to the evox screen

4. FullySik

FullySik Guest

then you'll have to wait until slayers is installed

5. MIchad

MIchad Guest

I had the same problem with the original 8GB hdd, first I got an error 16 from M$, so then I used a slayers(along with a bunch of emu/roms) and got an error 21. So I said screw it and changed the hdd to a 120GB and installed slayers. I don't know if It can still be used for xlive(the hdd locks fine), but I don't plan on using it anyway.

6. fastkart8

fastkart8 Guest

Thanks for the responses..

MIchad,
    I dont plan on using live either...

Merry CHRISTmas everyone!

7. tweakmod

tweakmod Member

What is the login name for FTPing when using Slayers evox 2.6? I know the password is "xbox" but what is the logon name? I did not edit any files, I just let the installer do its work. I have the cable working and everything set up right, I just can connect to the FTP becuse the user doesnt seem to be correct. I thought the default was also "xbox". Any help is appreciated!

8. MIchad

MIchad Guest

the password for slayers is sevx2.6, is that the one you need?

9. tweakmod

tweakmod Member

According to the settings in the Slayer menue, the password is "xbox" but it says nothing about the name. If the password is sevx2.6, what is the name you use?

10. fastkart8

fastkart8 Guest

ok, i downloaded slayers...it is a .exe

how do i get a .iso?

11. tweakmod

tweakmod Member

Keep searching online. Your best bet is to find a Torrent file to DL it since it is a fairly large file. Use google and keywords like "slayers evox installer download" and look for a place to DL it.

12. FullySik

FullySik Guest

for ftp'ing the name is xbox and the password is xbox it even shows that when u go into your system settings

for slayers it is in a .exe file you double click on it and it should extract thatexe file and u will get an iso file then u click on nero6 burning rom close the new complication window and click on recorder, burn image and select the iso that the exe file made.

and fastkart i got an error 13 the other day and the upgrading option did not fix it so i used the restore m$ dashboard option and it worked then i used the upgrade option to get evox, apps, xbmc and all that back because restore m$ dash takes away evox

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 28, 2004