1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regarding playing on 1080p through VGA cable.

Discussion in 'Televisions' started by felix100, Aug 11, 2007.

1. felix100

felix100 Regular member

Hi i had a question about the vga cable. I recently bought a xbox 360 and a full hd tv (HYUNDAI LCD-TV HLT-42V2FH) but i cant play on 1080p through the cable i got with the xbox 360 premium. So i was thinking about getting a VGA cable, would that make it possible to play my games on 1080p instead of 1080i? But i heard somewhere that not all tvs support 1080p through VGA so how do i find out if my tv supports it? I read the instruction manual but it said nothing about that but my tv does have a VGA input. So do you guys think ill be able to play at 1080p with VGA cable? Help appreciated.

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

I don't know about that TV but if your 360 has the latest firmware upgrade then you should be able to pass 1080p via any HD connection (i.e. Component Video, VGA, or HDMI if you have an Elite).

The catch as you pointed out is that the TV must also except a 1080p signal. Sadly a lot still don't. Most of the ones that do only accept it over HDMI (not VGA or Component).

discussion of specs for Xbox 360 and such:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/547673

Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 13, 2007