1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

REGARDING: PStwo-fliptops, magic switch, ghost switch thing...

Discussion in 'PS2' started by BadBoy787, Jan 4, 2005.

1. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

Which of these is the most successful at running all of the backups of PStwo games, one can possible make (ie dvd/cd backup games)? Also, which of these techniques doesn't void my warranty?

2. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

I'd appreciate any comments...
    THANKS!

3. scorcci

scorcci Member

I've seem many threads all around and to me is clear that the best way to not looso your warranty is the swap magic 3.3 and the ghost switch or magic switch... you can order them from link4u store.
    If you go to the www.swapmagic3.com you can see the tutorial right on the first page.
    Good luck.

4. pretense

pretense Regular member

Actually, the magic/ghost switch requires the breaking off of a tab on the PStwo lid itself, which (to me) is the surest way of voiding the warranty short of tearing the sticker right off ;) I'm not sure if it's possible to install the fliptop lid without voiding the warranty, since nobody has one yet, though I imagine it might be possible. Every other solution definitely involves voiding the warranty.

5. BadBoy787

BadBoy787 Regular member

Yeah, that's precisely what I was thinking...and, what do you mean by "...since nobody has one yet...?"

6. johnim

johnim Guest

Hi
    I use the clips for the new pstwo from techwizard.com
    in conjuction with magicswap 3.3 and they work fine with a the copys ive done straight copy using nero 6.6 and 8x dvds and cdrs i woud recomend them £9.99 for clips and £18.99 for swapmagic 3.3

7. eternalis

eternalis Regular member

To instal the fliptop cover on the new PSTwo without voiding your warranty is in my opinion impossible. You have to take a part the PSTwo to install it. But you can use the "Magic Switch" as explained on the swap magic website. It makes the PSTwo think the disk cover is closed, and I don't think it will void your warranty.

Magic Switch:
    [​IMG]

Hope that this was helpful

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005
  8. xelhefex

xelhefex Member

from a different thread i was told you can install the pstwo flip top without voiding the warranty, you just have to open it and use the warranty sticker as a hinge. i dont want to use the switches because i dont want to have to break parts off my ps2.

9. Mormegil3

Mormegil3 Guest

It's not impossible to do it. Just use it as a hinge. It's actually quite easy to do.

10. ath3ist

ath3ist Member

I am using the PSTwo Fix ( slimtool) which I bought from console.com and it works pretty well for my PSTwo. The installation process took me less than 2 minutes. And no part of the PStwo was cut off or opened.

http://www.console.com/product_ps2_pstwofix.php

11. motoxthor

motoxthor Guest

well if u use the magic or ghost switch u dont HAVE to cut anything off, u just leave your lid open, which would not only drive me crazy, but if a game is pissen me off enough i dont wanna throw sumthing accross the room and hit my ps2 ;) or u could use the straw method.

12. Petenutz7

Petenutz7 Member

So with that SwapMagicFix you would just leave the top open?

What is the safest way to go to play Backups on the ps2?

Why not the fliptop and swapmagicfic?

13. pretense

pretense Regular member

14. keili

keili Guest

15. rollencan

rollencan Guest

Hey-

Check out this great site that is giving away totally FREE Gaming Systems!

I've joined and I think you should as well.

It's a completely legitimate offer, and this company has already given away $4 million in FREE stuff!

All you have to do is join, complete an online offer, and refer friends to do the same. That's it!

Here is my referral link. To help me get my Gaming System, click this exact link to join, or copy and paste it into a browser:
    http://www.FreeGamingSystems.com/?r=13802591

16. ath3ist

ath3ist Member

FYI, I am using the slimtool and while playing backup games, I can either close the lid or let it open. It doesnt block the lid from closing at all.

17. keili

keili Guest

the slimtool is simply the best!!!!

18. funzig

funzig Member

Magic Switch (as in pic from eternalis above): is it not possible to trim the sticky out bit off the top thus enabling the lid to shut? (Anyone done this before I mutilate the one I just bought?)

19. JspOt

JspOt Member

I recently got the Magic Switch from Linker4u and was disappointed that I was unable to close the lid even though I knew it wouldnt. However, I decided to use the tape method on the sensor where Part C attaches to and it works great! The warranty sticker was still intact and Parts A and B do not require you to clip off any parts. I think swap disk is the safest method if you are concerned about the laser issues out there. At least I know Best Buy will replace my Slim PS2 if it ever goes out :)

20. eternalis

eternalis Regular member

I just found out that the Magic Switch doesn't allow you to close the lid but the slimtool does.
    Here is a pic of the slimtool:
    [​IMG]

Edit- By the way you can buy these from:
    http://www.techwizad.com (worldwide shipping)
    http://www.pop-uk.info (I think this is UK only)

Hope that this was helpful
    eternalis

Last edited: Jan 18, 2005