1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regarding Rock Band 3.

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by CrimsonX93, Nov 16, 2012.

1. CrimsonX93

CrimsonX93 Member

I apologize ahead of time if this has been brough up previously, btut I have a quick question. I just re-modded my wii I'm on 4.3u i used usbLoader gx and I'm running rock band 3 using ios 223 in the game load settings, my instruments are working now but when i load up rock band 3 and it asks me about saving add-on content to the sd card it says it can't anymore, but it could before I ran it with ios 223, but ios 223 is the only way my instruments will work, somebody help?

2. AfterDawn

AfterDawn Advertisement

3. CrimsonX93

CrimsonX93 Member

Somebody please, I need a solution! I've searched everywhere and I can't find the answer, just a bunch of people asking in dead threads with no answers. EDIT [Sorry if double posting isn't allowed, I just need help.]

Last edited: Nov 16, 2012
  4. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Yea i can answer this you need a hacked copy of rockband 3 because of this error this is because it is trying to verify the content online with the nintendo wifi network and cannot because the disk is not in the drive

5. CrimsonX93

CrimsonX93 Member

I'm using a hacked rock band 3, running usb loader GX. I can play downloaded songs off of the wii but I can only save like 3 or four songs to the wii system memory, so I don't think you're right, I mean no disrecpet sir.

6. megadunderhead

the hacked version allows you to run the content from the sd card if you don't have a hacked version it will only read from the internal memory this is why your version is hacked to run on the loader but not hacked for the sd card sorry and you didnt offend me

Last edited: Nov 17, 2012
  7. CrimsonX93

CrimsonX93 Member

Oh I see what you're saying now, so how in the world would I go about getting this "hacked" version so I could save and play songs off my sd card?

8. megadunderhead

you have to search for it i cannot link you to anything here at afterdawn it's against the forum rules sorry just google it

9. Corey Harris

Corey Harris Newbie

I don't mean to revive an old thread, but just wanted to post an answer for some people that may have similar problems.

IOS223 is a placeholder, take a look into what you have installed on that IOS and that may explain why you're having issues. Games like Rock Band and Guitar Hero require a specific IOS to run all their features, I believe in this case IOS56.

Use an app (I recommend PimpMyWii 3.02) to install Waninkoko, Hermes, or D2X onto an IOS.

PimpMyWii has an option that allows you to choose a Base IOS to combine with one of the above into a cIOS to install on 222, 223, or 224. Test with an IOS you dont regularly use, I use 224 for testing different base/cIOS combinations and use 222 and 223 for games that require specific base IOS.

I had the same problem and I installed Hermes 5.1 with Base IOS56 to 224 and that is what I use for music games.