1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

regarding swapmagic 3

Discussion in 'PS2 - DVD backup discussion' started by solarwnd, Mar 20, 2005.

1. solarwnd

solarwnd Member

hi, im a new forum user. I was wondering if swap magic really works on slim ps2 with a magic switch. And if it does, how do i burn backups of my ps2 games?

Will alcohol 120 work when i make a .mds image file and burn to a dvd-r... and use swapmagic.

If this works, can someone please tell me?

=] Thankyou

2. solarwnd

solarwnd Member

3. difinking

difinking Guest

yes it works but u need 2 find more info than what u have come up with. regarding games there is problem games that need patching so before u buy one remember some games need patching.just look around a lot of sites and familiurise urself with swap magic.

4. steimy

steimy Active member

Plenty of people use them so i would say yes.
    Look at the top of the PS2 General section below this section and there is a sticky at the top with burning instructions. Although everyone runs into their own problems most of the time these few hints will help.
    1. always burn at the lowest speed.
    2. always use quality media
    3. ask other slim PSTwo users if they use +R or -R discs and which work best for them as far as brand. You will get a lot of different answers on media but you can just pick one and try it yourself. It will at least give you a starting point. Mine does fine with both types. But i prefer -R Phillips 8X DVD's

5. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

For my slimline i use SwapMagic v3.3 and the tape mod. I use Philips dvd+r 4x discs burned with 'Dvd Decrypter' at 1x. Never have problems booting.

Unfortunately, you can't just use SwapMagic boot discs and have the backups load. You will also require either: a 'slimtool', 'replacement fliptop', or 'tape mod' to your system.