1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regarding Thread Titles

Discussion in 'Safety valve' started by vurbal, Dec 25, 2006.

1. rick5446

rick5446 Guest

HAHAHAaaa..Didn't really mean to get a whole discussion started on this, but ya thats the one. This guy that just got Banned, his letter reminded me of that guy. Just didn't know when to Quit. Its really ashamed when somebody gets banned or is disrespectful at AD, they just don't realize how helpful this site can be and really is. AD has been an ASSET too me.. OOPS Sorry better watch my Hollering

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

say WHAT, can't HEAR you!!!

3. rtm27

rtm27 Regular member

Must be those perty lightning strikes you create....may need some new hearing protection when the "BOOM" of the lightning strike hits!!

4. hathead11

hathead11 Guest

can i just say that is the stupidest excuse for closing my thread if any, what a joke bye bye afterdawn, rubbish site

5. ddp

6. vballstud

vballstud Guest

If that rule was not in effect, can you imagine how many threads would be titled that in the forum?

First off, we expect you to have an xbox 360 question if it's posted in the xbox 360 forum.

We know you need help. Everyone creating a thread does. How does that thread title help others that may have the same issue/question out?

Also... if every thread were titled "help", how would those of us that try to help distinguish your thread from someone else's?

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 12, 2009
  7. ferguj1

ferguj1 Regular member

That is too bad....we sure will miss you :p

8. yamaha7

yamaha7 Member

oh yeah.. i understand... my apologees on tht... wil try to keep my threads related and informative towards the subject.. thank you for pointing this out and lettin me know wat are the issues been faced cos of this.. once again sorry..

9. toonboy1

toonboy1 Regular member

my apologise, i was a bit stressed, lesson learnt..

10. Xfilez

Xfilez Guest

Aye, Sorry Bout I Guess I Didn't Read All Of The Rules...But However You Have Just Taught A Important Fact And That Totally Makes sense What U Just Said About People Needing Help...Won't Happen Again.
    By The Way Thanks For The Help Creaky And Wizzkiddo

11. checkin

checkin Member

sorry i really didnt think about that

12. gogings

gogings Member

thanks creaky...now I know...my apology..

13. bbbhhh

bbbhhh Guest

14. zerox1

zerox1 Member

i didn,t realise the title was an issue.

i posted for help, to findout if others were doing the same thing.

i have no clue if it,ll work, just wondering if someone did this before.

15. cummo13

cummo13 Member

ok thanks.

16. jr_ual

jr_ual Member

I could understand ur the king of it all but this link u send people to is still no help, so if u take the time to close people's problems at least get them some help so they can learn as they go along, instead of shutting people up who are asking for help.Normally if u need help ur suppose to ask for it and not beat around the bush. But again thanks for nothing.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Dec 27, 2009
  17. scum101

scum101 Guest

another one who can't read.. or be bothered reading.. or something equally incoherent..

why do things like yours get closed.. the link to this thread explains it clearly and from a staff member no less... well he was.. dunno about now.. Hey Mr Fiscus.. still staff or what?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 29, 2009
  18. ddp

19. jr_ual

jr_ual Member

You know I thought there were smart enough people in here so you could get help with a simple problem but when you got to shut people down, then I hate to say you suck.The other thing is the link does not say anything about not asking for help so maybe you should look at that again, well any again thanks for nothing.I didn't come on here to piss anyone off I simply asked for help with something that you rather worry about some stupid title rather than just helping someone, so if you lose your job over that then that's your own fault.I rather you just disregard me even getting on afterdawn so you don't have to cry no more.

20. DJchemist

DJchemist Regular member

I dunno... I've been on, and off AD for.. a while now
    and I tend to be attracted to help me titles for a few reasons, some better then others;

how stupid the msg might be
    or i count how many people have the same question
    and i used to create a proper thread for it...

I do however (and noticing it from numerous numerous forums) that this situation is getting quite out of hand, and not just in the way of n00b posters. this is not a msg directed at anyone in particular