1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region 1 to Region 2............

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by George23j, Dec 12, 2004.

1. George23j

George23j Member

Hello.
    I'm new here and i would probably find the answer i ask if i make a big investigation in this nice forum, but i think it's better to ask........Sorry if my question is too obvious or a begginer's one but anyway:

I'm thinking of buying 4 DVD's which are Region 1 and play on NTSC format. I live in Europe and i have a PAL TV which says it supports NTSC via SCART and a monitor for my PC that i don't know if it supports NTSC. Let's suppose it doesn't.
    [bold]What are ALL the steps i have to make in order to be able to convert the Region 1 format to Region 2? And then to convert NTSC to PAL format?[/bold]

That is all i want to know! Please give me some light.....

I also want to know if a DVD that is "programmed" to play at NTSC monitors, can be changed to play at PAL TV's or PC monitors (actually this question would be answered if you answer my first one)?

Thank you!

Last edited: Dec 13, 2004
  2. akoli

akoli Member

Depends on the size of the discs how you back them up.

Personally I use dvd decrypter to rip the DVD's to my
    hard disc.

DVD Shrink to compress down and burn using nero (works from within dvd shrink) When you go to burn the disc in dvd shrink the region is automatically set to
    be region free. You do have the option to make region 2 but simpler to have it region free.(you can also patch each file in dvd decrypter to be region free as well)

Should be simple enough for ya, cheers.

3. George23j

George23j Member

Thanks but what about NTSC to PAL? Does monitors of the PC's, support all kind of signals (PAL,NTSC,Secam) or is the same as TV's and they are different for USA,Europe?
    I mean does my PC-monitor that i bought from Europe, support the NTSC format and if no how can i copy a NTSC-DVD to convert it to a PAL-DVD.

Thanks again............