1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

region 1 vs region 2

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by nelles, Feb 2, 2005.

1. nelles

nelles Member

recently received a few DVD's from friends in England,(region 2 ). Can I back these up so they will play in my region 1 player. DVD decrypter appears to start working then fails about half way through. thanks.

2. philipman

philipman Regular member

use dvd shrink.

3. nelles

nelles Member

thanks. When I open up shrink it prompts me to change the region code of my dvd drive. It also tells me that I can change the region on my drive 4 more times. Any idea what happens after that? If I change the region 4 times will my drive be stuck on region 2? DVD burner is LG GSA 4081B

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Download the trial version of Anydvd. It runs in the background and makes all dvds look like they have no encryption and no region code. Be advised that the region 2 dvd may be in PAL video format which won't play in the USA without converting it to NTSC video format.

Jerry

5. nelles

nelles Member

thanks. Is there an easy way to convert to NTSC? I backed up the DVD successfully, using anydvd, but it is in region 2. Maybe this is not worth all the trouble

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

If you have Nero 6 Ultra, it has a feature called Nero Vision Express---not Nero Express. It will let you convert the video from PAL to NTSC. If you don't have nero you can use the 30 day trial download. The conversion may take several hours.

Jerry

7. nelles

nelles Member

thanks for your help. It looks like it's more trouble than its worth. I am giving up on this one.