1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region Code Help

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by stamp2k1, Jul 12, 2007.

1. stamp2k1

stamp2k1 Member

I have been looking for "Neighbors" on DVD starring John Belushi and I haven't been able to find any that will play in American DVD players, I think it is Region 1. I have found it on DVD with a different Region Code. Can I use DVD Shrink with Any DVD to eliminate the Region Code and burn it on a disc that will play on any dvd player?
    I am familiar with making backups of my DVD's but I've never made one with a different Region code, so before I buy the DVD I'd like to make sure it's gonna work. Thanks in advance for your help.

2. attar

attar Senior member

AnyDVD removes region code protection.
    It's not the region code that is the problem, chances are unless your standalone player can accept PAL disks then you will only be able to watch it on your PC unless you convert the output to NTSC before burning.

You can run the VOB files from Shrink through Nero Vision.
    Or load the VOB files from Shrink into VsoDivX2DVD to convert to NTSC then burn with Nero.
    Or burn the output from VsoDivX2DVD with IMGBurn.
    Or reload the converted folder into DVD Shrink and burn with DVD Decrypter.

http://dl.afterdawn.com/vsoDivxToDVD_setup_v0.5.2b.exe
    Import the file(s) (AVI, WMV,MPEG, VOB)
    Output (standard DVD file format) to a folder on the HDD.
    Set 'Aspect' to 4:3 (if you have a regular tv)
    Set 'Standard' to NTSC (if you live in North America)

3. stamp2k1

stamp2k1 Member

Thanks for your input. I'm sure I can figure it out as long as I know that it is possible.