1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region codes

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by jellyink, Dec 20, 2004.

1. jellyink

jellyink Member

Hey.

I live in Australia and currently in the US on a vacation. I want to purchase some dvds here that aren't availiable in Australia. Can the program AnyDVD be used to get rid of the DVD code on the disk so I can play these US dvds back in Australia?

Thanks for the help.

2. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

You can get rid of region coding with various programs...but remember it will still be in NTSC format!!

Adder.

3. bardie

bardie Regular member

I order DVD's through Amazon in America and as you know they are all coded for that region.
    I too live in Australia so of course our region code is different.
    I use a program call DVDRegionFree+CSS which fools your DVDROM/Burner into thinking it is a region free player.
    The great thing as well with this program is that when you wish to burn a coded DVD it makes the copy region free.......it really is great.
    It just comes on unnoticed when you insert a dvd to play and off you go, watch any DVD from anywhere in the world.

4. bardie

bardie Regular member

I noticed you have posted the same question in DVD-R for Newbies section.
    I was recently informed that this was a no no on this site.

5. DogBomb

DogBomb Regular member

If your DVD player is listed here, you're in luck. Enter a code on your remote and make your player region-free.
    http://www.videohelp.com/dvdhacks.php?

There are tons of region-free DVD players (usually the cheaper ones) out of Asia, so you can always grab one of those. Or just use Decrypter or Shrink to take off the region restrictions and burn it onto a DVD blank.

6. SurfDude

SurfDude Member

7. pieman

pieman Regular member

what dvd player is it? www.dvdchips.co.uk are about the best for advice and remote/disc mods.Shame you are down under!!

8. pulsar

pulsar Active member

I live in UK, region 2, & regularly import from the states, region 1. I use AnyDvd to over come region lockout & encryption etc & they all play a treat. But as adder01 says it will still be in NTSC format, so you have to have a TV (not transvestite) that is NTSC capable. Otherwise it will be in black & white & look crap! I tried DVDRegionFree+CSS, but I preferred Slysofts' anydvd. You have to get what is best for you!

Last edited: Dec 26, 2004
  9. zeebra

zeebra Member

Yeahh, videohelp.com does work and has tons of dvd players there. I managed to get 3 of my dvd players going.

Last edited: Dec 25, 2004