1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region Coding Issue/question

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by beerlover, Jun 29, 2007.

1. beerlover

beerlover Member

How do you strip regional coding?

I bought the british tv comedy "Peep show" dvd used for $5 which is the actual uk version region 2. The Dvd sells here in the states but I found non used so I bought the region 2 thinking, I will just strip the region 2 setting. I havn't found too many dvd I cant back up. However, I never tried to tackle a different region before and so far, I have failed. Any help?

2. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

What error did you get with Shrink?

Shrink will remove the region code and it's really no different than backing up a Region 1 dvd.
    But the difference is even though the region code will be removed the video will be in PAL format so you'll need to convert that to NTSC.
    You can use Vobblanker for that - works for most players - link.

So rip the file to your hard drive - try DVDFab HD Decrypter. Then run those files thru vobblanker changing the changing the video attribute to NTSC. Now open those files from vobblanker in Shrink.

3. beerlover

beerlover Member

Thanks binkie. I will give this a go. I had no prob rip and burning but my dvd player still rejected it based on region. I try vob blanker which I had been using but never thought to utilize it for regions.

4. binkie7

binkie7 Moderator Staff Member

Not a problem beerlover
    Yep that's why the dvd player isn't playing it and giving you the error message - the region was removed by Shrink but you need to change the tv format to NTSC.

If your player is still picky and doesn't like vobblankers masking method if you have Nero Vision you can do a PAL to NTSC conversion w/ that.
    I'd try vobblanker 1st takes like 5 mins compared to maybe an hour or more w/ Vision.