1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region differences

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by viparas, May 29, 2007.

1. viparas

viparas Member

I'm looking into buying a PSP with firmware 1.5, however I've only found sources to buy it from hong kong and the UK. I've read that the PSP isn't region protected, but are there any other differences between the PSP as far as what country it's from? I want to make sure I'm not going to get one only to find that it can only play UMD's from another country, etc. Thanks in advance!

2. ibjaredu

ibjaredu Regular member

As for region protected, PSP is free on everything except for Music and Video UMDs; if you update to 3.40 OE C , however you can make it totally region free. Aside from region codes, the only other difference really is O instead of X as the main select button(this can be swapped on 3.40 OE C also).

3. algtz1

algtz1 Regular member

You might be better off buying one at a US retail store. You can downgrade just about any PSP as long as it has fw 3.03 or lower. I've seen some PSPs at a local target that still have an I by the barcode and I believe that is fw 2.6. So lower fw is still out there.

4. viparas

viparas Member

Thanks guys, got a used one from gamestop for 149 with fw 2.6

5. scott2k7

scott2k7 Guest