1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region error after ripping

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by RJMJ, Feb 27, 2002.

1. RJMJ

RJMJ Guest

I ripped a DVD using DVDdecrypter and Smartripper to my hard drive. When I play it back, the message appears that it's the wrong region code. My region code is 1, the movie were bought in region 1. I checked the properties on my DVD drives and they're both set to 1. The movie will fit on 1 DVD. So I don't have to edit anything. I use prassi to burn the CD. Can somebody tell me what the problem is? I will be thankful for any help that I receive!

2. shalom

shalom Member

Came across your email when i was trying to find help - i had a similar problem recently. In case you haven't found a solution yet: this is what worked for me. I downloaded IfoEdit.exe from http://www.doom9.org/mpg/ifoedit-2dvdrs.htm. On the same page there are instructions to make the disc region free which i followed - the movie then played fine.

I had to do the region free command on both the video_ts.ifo file and the specific ifo file for the vob files that the movie was actually in. I'm not sure why this is necessary but it worked. Hope this helps.