1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region Free Error - HELP!

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by mj121983, Aug 9, 2002.

1. mj121983

mj121983 Guest

Listen, I made an attempt to rip a DVD to my hard drive. First I got smart ripper, the newest version, and tried to do it. I selected all of the files, and clicked on Start, and it ripped them. I started with the movie "Officespace". It ripped successfully. Then I wanted to go ahead and try the movies out on the computer to make sure they worked before I went and put them onto a disc (don't want to waste those discs, they are EXPENSIVE!). I opened PowerDVD and chose "Open DVD file on hard disc drive". It started to load, but then the 20th Century fox background came on the screen and in the foreground it said "Disc is not supported in this region". When I rip the movie, I get 4 .ifo files, and when I try to play all of them, I have the same problem. This is a pain in the ass, for I tried to rip the disc 3 times, with different settings on. I unchecked the "Region" option, and the "Demacrovision" one time just to see if it would work, but it didn't. What advice can you give me? Any would be appreciated.
    -MJ

2. dalboy

dalboy Member

3. mj121983

mj121983 Guest

dalboy, what can I say, thanks alot man, that program worked! You saved me a lot of time of searching the net for solutions. :p

4. dalboy

dalboy Member

No problem