1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region-free my Pioneer 105

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by SabreLord, Sep 30, 2003.

1. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

Hi there good ppl,

Is therre a way that I can make my pioneer 105 read DVDs from all regions without me having to update the firmware.

I have DVD Genie but that still does not make it region free.

I want to play region 3's and 2' on my WinDVD but that becomes fixed after 5 circulations.

Forgot to mention I am only after free ways of doing this i.e. solutions which mean I can use some free software and not have to pay for a package like Regionfree.

Thanks in advance,

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 30, 2003
  2. koola

koola Guest

AnyDVD will make your drive region free.

It could be free if you [bold]ask[/bold] and look hard enough!

3. Oriphus

Oriphus Senior member

Also Region free (downloadable from afterdawn) will do the trick. I think you can also get it at http://www.dvd-backup.tk

4. SabreLord

SabreLord Guest

I want a solution that is simple and free.

I might just upgrade the firmware from 1.30 to a 1.30 RPC-1 patched. Last time I upgraded the firmware to Gradius 1.33 it totally fxxked it up and couldn't back up DVDs properly.

The only simple solution I think is a firmware one. I tried Region Killer then put a region3 DVD into my 105 and it sodding locked into region3 even though region killer said there were 3 more changes available before lockdown.

DVD Genie only works on RPC-1 DVD players and not on my RPC-2 105. I will put in firmware 1.30 patched and hope for the best.

I have heard lots of reports that 1.33 can screw up a pioneer 105, as it did for me but for some ppl it is the dog bollox. I suppose at the end of the day it depends on system settings, OS, Specs etc.