1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

region free

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Games' started by bullix, Feb 25, 2007.

1. bullix

bullix Member

does anyone have the problem of playing different region movies on the 3.03oe-A? my psp is from the u.k and i reaaly dislike the fact that i still can't watch a U.S region movie. I've tried changing the region in the recovery as well as turning on the region free option and all other combinations, nothing seems to work. any help on this subject would be greatly appreciated...thanx

2. qasim99

qasim99 Member

ok follow these instructions carefully go in to recovery mode by turning off the psp and turning it on again while holding R trigger.
    Next go to configuration once thats loaded enable Free UMD Region by clicking on it hope it works (it worked with me)

3. bullix

bullix Member

thanks for trying to help bro but if u read my comments you would find that i've done every combination of in the recovery...it doesn't work, i'm also now unable to play any music that me be on any demo disk...for some reason it stops half way through every song and refuses to start up again....thanks again for trying though

peace

4. blackvamp

blackvamp Regular member

Can you run uk movie umd's?
    It sounds like your firmware is messed up somehow. I'd do a re-flash.

5. bullix

bullix Member

thanks bro, i think that might be the problem as well. i haven't been able to get my hands on a uk umd movie to try out as yet though. i also tried 3.03 oe-c and higher. the other thing i found is that downloaded psp mp4 format movies work fine without going through any options in the recovery but i still don't get anything when i sick a umd in there

so for the most part i'm good for now, thanks again for all the help guys