1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region problem with DVD shrink PLZ help

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by jeesh, Oct 12, 2004.

1. jeesh

jeesh Guest

Tonight as I was trying to backup with DVD shrink I got a message when I attempted to open the disc saying that the region of the disc was different to the region of my burner. It also said I could change my burner's region but only four more times or something. So being unsure about it all I decided not to fiddle with the region. Is there a way I can back it up without having to change the region of my burner?

2. nist

nist Member

Yes, use for example a program called AnyDVD which automatically removes the protection from the dvd ones its inserted into the dvd drive! Or use DVD43. Both programs can be downloaded from AD, see software page.
    I guess you also could rip the dvd to HD with dvd decrypter first and then use the decrypted unprotected HD version in shrink (Not sure haven't tried, maybe it also complains about that in dvd decrypter).

3. catfreak

catfreak Active member

... Use DVD Decrypter ... It doesn't care what region and it'll remove that annoying feature for ya ..