1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region problems

Discussion in 'Convert DVD to another format' started by maya613, Apr 18, 2004.

1. maya613

maya613 Member

Hello,

I am having problems trying to copy and convert a region2 DVD to region 1 or region free and getting it to work on my Panasonic DVD player--I have tried everything--I have AnyDVD on in the backround, I have tried DVDDecryptor, DVD Shrink and it s option to change the region settings, DVD2One, CloneDVD and Nero--basically the gamut--all of my attempts produce DVDs that can be viewed on my computer but not my stand alone--and everything that I have read has indicated that this is a fairly easy obstacle to overcome--what gives? what am I doing wrong?

I am in US but DVD is from UK(region2 right?) this isn't impossible right?

Thanks for any help.

2. gotisos

gotisos Guest

yeah, if ur in the us, then ur player is going to be a region 1 player. U can use dvd shrink to make the disk a region less disk, or you can set the disk to be a region one. did you try making it region less, or region 1?

3. maya613

maya613 Member

Yes, tried both of those settings and still nothing...regionless and region one , no results, my player says "no play" 'can not read this type of disc, please put in different disc' and I even updated AnyDVD, sigh.....