1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Region1 Discs

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by deanoc, Oct 25, 2004.

1. deanoc

deanoc Guest

After searching on here for some time, i cant find any information on what i need help with so i hope someone can help me. I live in the u.k and recently bought a region 1 disc. What i want to do is make a 'backup' of the region 1 disc without ay regional coding on it. Ive used the dvd shrink to take the codings etc off, and burn a copy using dvd decrypter, everything works fine as normal, except when i finished the back up, there was no colour (the movie was in black and white). Is there any tips or information that anybody can help me out on this one.????

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Its not just the region code problem, it sounds like you are having the NTSC to PAL video format problem. Shrink removes the region code so if thats what you used its not the region code.

Jerry

3. philco_3

philco_3 Member

I have the very same problem http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/119719
    I bought Robin Hood: Men In Tights from the UK and of course living in the US it doesnt play. Did the same thing deanoc did, but I just used dvd decrypter to rip it to the computer. My question is how do you change it from PAL to NTSC? so maybe that it be in Black and White any more. Maybe we should switch DVDs deanoc and make backup for each other , hehehe

Last edited: Oct 25, 2004
  4. Adder01

Adder01 Regular member

Do a search for "NTSC to PAL" and you will find the answer.

Adder.

5. deanoc

deanoc Guest

Philco_3. Yeah maybe we should. Its driving me mad trying to do this. I realy want to watch this dvd, but im not messing about keep changing region codes on my pc and laptop. Ive had the dvdfor 4 weeks now (which is miracle starring kurt russel) as a big hockey fan im not waiting till mid december for our uk release!

6. deanoc

deanoc Guest

Philco_3. Yeah maybe we should. Its driving me mad trying to do this. I realy want to watch this dvd, but im not messing about keep changing region codes on my pc and laptop. Ive had the dvdfor 4 weeks now (which is miracle starring kurt russel) as a big hockey fan im not waiting till mid december for our uk release!