1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

regional codes problem

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by alycat, Feb 10, 2005.

1. alycat

alycat Member

hi i wonder if anyone can help me, i just returned from uk where i copied a series of tv programs. now i dont know if this counts but i coppied a copy, and i chose the region free option,on returning to canada i find that the disc will not play on my dvd player, saying this disk will not play please choose another disk, however the disc plays in my dvd burner on my computer here in canada. i tried to burn another copy on my computer with dvd region free enabled on dvd shrink. the same message applies to my dvd player again. does anyone know if there is settings that i can adjust, or do you think my problem lies in copying a copy in the first place? just has a point of interest has anyone been sucsessful in using the burnt copies in other regions? thanks in advance.

2. Kingd

Kingd Guest

Try changing the region instead of putting region free, use the region you are in. Perhaps your player doesn't recognize region free disks for some odd reason?.

3. alycat

alycat Member

yes thanks for the imput, i tried that also i now have 2 coasters of the same disc. canada and usa are region 1 is that correct?

4. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

correct ;)

5. alycat

alycat Member

has anyone been sucsessful in being able to burn a pal disc from uk to a ntsc format and have it play on there dvd players hooked up to tv? in canada/usa? the strange thing is the copied disc from u/k plays fine on my pioneer dvd burner here in canada but will not play on my stand alone dvd player?

6. alycat

alycat Member

has anyone been sucsessful in being able to burn a pal disc from uk to a ntsc format and have it play on there dvd players hooked up to tv? in canada/usa? the strange thing is the copied disc from u/k plays fine on my pioneer dvd burner here in canada but will not play on my stand alone dvd player?

7. Kingd

Kingd Guest

That must be your problem, you made a copy of a PAL disk so it's still PAL even though you changed the region code. You need to convert it somehow to NTSC format. I'm not familiar with that at all since i figured i would never play around with any PAL formats to begin with.

8. Kingd

Kingd Guest

alycat: I don't think monitors care about format so you can display any kind of format on a computer so that's why that part is not really strange.

9. alycat

alycat Member

thank u for ur imput much apprecriated. does anyone know how to switch pal to ntsc please or give me any links to follow??