1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regional codes

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by frankz, Jun 3, 2003.

1. frankz

frankz Member

I am in the US military stationed in the UK and have region 2 DVD's in my collection. I just purchased a Pioneer DVR104 DVD-RW Drive and I want to make backup copies of these. Does this burner have region code protection. In other words, will I be able to use DVD Decrypter without having a problem without a regional code confliction. I am new to this and read about CSS. Am I on the right track?

Cheers,

Cornish teeth

2. ken0042

ken0042 Regular member

DVD Decrypter will strip away the region codes. The only other issue you may run into is British signals are in PAL format, while North America uses NTSC. I haven't had occasion to convert something from PAL to NTSC. Hopefully one of our more experienced members can help you out further. (Where's Herbsman when we need him?)

3. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

[bold]frankz [/bold]

One problem you will find is that the Pioneer 104 (like mine) is RPC2 , meaning 5 changes of region until it locks in last chosen region.

There is firmware to sort this out http://homepage.ntlworld.com/sccs.ltd/pioneer2x4all/
    I'd suggest either f/w 1.31 or 1.40

herb