1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Regional ISO problem?

Discussion in 'Nintendo Wii / Wii U' started by 7thletter, Jun 25, 2007.

1. 7thletter

7thletter Member

Hey everyone, noob here needing some help!

Ive just tried to burn my first wii game, i have a wiinja v2 modchip and purchased the wii with pre-copied games that work fine.

The game is ResEv4 usa version, I downloaded iso of the correct file size, burned at 2x speed using imgburn, and have followed the burning guide on this forum as accurately as possible but the wii still doesnt recognise the disc..

Apparently media quality is important, should I try using a rewritable dvd or will this not work?

P.S just realised ive been given syndicate region converter, should I have used this on the iso before I burned?

Any help much appreciated!

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

What region is your Wii?

3. 7thletter

7thletter Member

Sorry, should have mentioned my Wii is PAL, game is US (NTSC)..

Dont want to brick my wii, even though its 2.2E, is there a chance it will update it?

4. larrylje

larrylje Active member

If your at 2.2E then no it will not brick.

Does Winja even have Region override capabilities? I thought I heard it didn't

If this is the case then you will need to use a region patcher to patch the game to a pal region.

WiigionFree and RegionFrii are the 2 most common region patcher's. I have never heard of syndicate region converter so I don't know if that is a decent program patcher or not.

5. 7thletter

7thletter Member

Much appreciated larry my man thats what I wanted to hear, RegionFrii is actually what ive got, syndicatr is written across the top for some reason..

Finally, is there any preference or problems when burning to re-writable DVDs as opposed to ordinary blank ones?

6. larrylje

larrylje Active member

It just depends on your Wii.

I know others have used DVD-RW before but I know others said there Wii wouldn't read them. Most seem to have better luck with DVD-R media. The Wii can be very picky at what media it will use. So all you can do is try some and if they do not work try others. Once you find media that works well with your Wii stick with that media.