1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Registry Error Please help!

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by dnc991, Feb 6, 2012.

1. dnc991

dnc991 Member

I started out with a problem involving what i thought was a virus. I use Peerblock as a personal firewall and also COMODO firewall but for some reason comodo was unable to start and peerblock gave me a message saying that certain functions from windows were not working right or started. So i went on google trying to find an answer and came across a forum that told me to run "windows repair all in one" which you can find by going to tweaking.com however they also mentioned running three files a bfe.reg, firewall.reg, and a defender.reg. I wanted to get the problem fixed fast so i just did it and thats when i made the problem alot worse. Now i get a registry error which i know is caused by what i did. i also ran malware bytes before adding the reg keys and it took care of the small virus. Im able to get into safemode and perform operations as well. im guessing the problem came from adding the wrong reg files since i think they were talking about running 64 bit versions of windows and im on 32...

heres the link to the forum:

This is my error message:
    [​IMG]

Thank you for any help you can provide if you need more information let me know.

2. scorpNZ

scorpNZ Active member

chance are with the multiple firewalls & other junk you have installed is causing diver issues or not,regardless reformat & reinstall will be faster than attempting repair,this time round avoid installing more than one software firewall & one antivirus (you can install a second antivirus software but it must be manual scan type only not realtime),also use easeus todo backup it's free & create "system backups"

unsubscribed

3. aldan

aldan Active member

tweaking.com?well rather than criticize you,please download,update and run,hijack this.do not fix anything at this time,but rather post a log.

4. dnc991

dnc991 Member

Well rather then jumping to wipe my computer i think ill go with making a log first and see where that goes
    And im a pretty experienced user when it comes to computers and even i know i made a very dumb mistake i just wanted to get the problem fixed fast this is my test computer anyway. Ill get working on that log though thanks for the help.

5. dnc991

dnc991 Member

Here is the log:

6. aldan

aldan Active member

i see nothing that i am absolutely sure can be deleted.you can go to the trend micro website and post your log.they have a pretty good discussion forumn.

7. dnc991

dnc991 Member

nothing to delete in terms of registry keys? or unwanted malware? because the keys that i added seemed to have modified the ones i already had in place but either way i ill go to trend's forum's if you dont think we could find a solution.

thanks

8. davexnet

davexnet Active member

Might be a long shot, but do you have system restore available to you?
    If so, restore to a point before the problems begun. At least you'll get a clean
    registry.