1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

reinstall xp

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by luch559, Nov 20, 2007.

1. luch559

luch559 Guest

i want to reformat my hard drive for my Windows XP Computer. I have XP home SP2, but i dont have the disk. I have a Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2003, but when i try booting up with it on my computer it will just load up to my desktop and the recovery never launches. I have it set so that disk boots first. Please tell me how I can reformat

2. jony218

jony218 Guest

If you reformat your computer, you will lose all the data. If you don't have the windows xp disk to reinstall windows, you will have a computer that will not boot. The windows office pro 2003 cd you have is a word processor program, that can only be loaded from within windows. It won't boot up the computer.

What is the reason you want to reformat your hard drive? It might be better to try and defrag your hard drive first, that won't damage your xp installation.

DO NOT FORMAT your hard drive until you have an operating system cd that you can put back on. Worst case scenario download the unbutu 7.04 live cd (its free). That operating system (linux) runs off the cd and has a web browser. It looks almost like windows vista and to me it acts like vista because it won't run my xp software just like vista. But it can be used in an emergency if you have no other operating system available.

3. luch559

luch559 Guest

o thanx i thought it was an os. I downloaded linux fedora is there any way i could reformat xp and put fedora up instead. Thanxx