1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reinstalling Vista

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by 12Stig, Jan 3, 2008.

1. 12Stig

12Stig Guest

Ok, so I have an HP I bought last summer that came with Vista on it and I'm wondering if I uninstalled Vista could I reinstall it using a friend's Vista DVD and my serial. I'm a little hesitant to do this because if it doesn't work then I'd have to go buy Vista and, honestly, I don't feel like shelling out that cash for an OS. Also my computer did not come with a Vista DVD but I did make recovery discs.

2. jcoolman

jcoolman Regular member

no your serial number wont work he should of got a serial number with the disk when he bought it.

ask him if the code is on the side of his p.c mine is

3. 12Stig

12Stig Guest

Ah, I meant reinstalling Vista on my PC using his DVD but with my serial that's on the side of my PC.

4. jcoolman

jcoolman Regular member

it still wont work you need the dvd that came with the disk only one code works one one disk

5. 12Stig

12Stig Guest

Yeah, alright thanks. Wish I could find a way around this to install a different OS and still be able to switch back to Vista later other than dual-booting or buying a copy of it.

6. jcoolman

jcoolman Regular member

whats wrong with your computer?

7. 12Stig

12Stig Guest

Nothing in specific is wrong with it. I was going to switch over to Ubuntu but was worried about not being able to go back to vista later if I wanted.

8. jcoolman

jcoolman Regular member

why dont you partition your computer how mutch space have you got on your hard drive? heres a link to a good video on utube that shows you have to have two partitions so you could install anything on itand still keep vista

Last edited: Jan 3, 2008