1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[release] CUSTOM FIRMWARE 3.40* LE (Leaked Edition) - Team Wildc*rd

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by touran22, Aug 6, 2007.

1. touran22

touran22 Regular member

yeah i guess they done this because there source code was released or maybe this was ment to be released... well any way here it is :

CUSTOM FIRMWARE 3.40* LE (Leaked Edition) - Team Wildc*rd
    ........................................o
    .....................................o./ \.o
    .....................................\___/
    ......................................o |
    ...................................../_. |
    .....................................\_ ;

This is the initial release of our custom firmware. We completely reverse-engineered 3.10 OE, updated all the tweaks for version 3.40, and added our own sexy patches.

-----------------
    3.40*'s features:
    -----------------

* Everything you know and love from 3.40 OE-A
    * Sexy new SCEP-style recovery menu
    * In-XMB configuration menu
    * Auto-detection of the kernel needed for homebrew - no need for GAME150 and GAME340; just put it all in GAME

Screenshot of the in-XMB config:
    (its coming..)

------------------
    Installation Guide
    ------------------

Check the readme

-----
    Notes
    -----

The new DATA.DXAR file will be placed in the root of your memory stick; feel free to delete it or save it for later once you've installed.

None of the installer files need to stay on your memory stick once 3.40* is installed. You can delete them all.

To view the recovery menu/config menu in the XMB, press R + SELECT

--------------------------
    Team Wildc*rd's Shout-outs
    --------------------------

* Thanks to Mathieulh and Dark_AleX before all others! They inspired us with their awesome releases. Without them this wouldn't have happened.
    * Greetz to poison for making SCEP open-source
    * Greetz to eXonet and Malloc.us
    * Greetz to Noobz. You continue to be most excellent.
    * Greetz to Skylark, adrahil, and our benevolent testers.
    * Greetz to maxconsole, qj, and any other website that supports us!

-------------------------------
    Team Wildc*rd's Two Minute Hate
    -------------------------------

* Greetz to the leaking fags (you know who you are) for being as unoriginal as ever!

..._^ ^___
    [..(\(*'O')/).\ --< the cat is out of the bag! >
    ../\______//
    ./|.........|\/
    ..|_____|

P.S. Thanks to all the doubters in our other release thread here, especially those who called us a bunch of hex editors. It's truly appreciated...

- Team Wildcard

P.P.S: We were also working on a 3.52 custom firmware with even more features which luckily was not leaked. But after recent events, we can no longer be sure if it will ever see the light of day.

Link :

http://rapidshare.com/files/47377730/340_Wildcard.zip

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  2. paul91

paul91 Regular member

good post ;)

can u confirm it works and runs smoothly?

*EDIT* u might want to include a link.....lol

Last edited: Aug 6, 2007
  3. touran22

touran22 Regular member

added a link soz about that... ok about it running smoothly yes it does (from what ive heard) i done have my psp on me, lil bro is playing it some wer ein the house lool, but ive heard its fine. if u can be botherd flash it and post some screens! this si teh recovery menue from what ive seen so it looks hot!

[​IMG]

4. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

Flash 2 and 3?!

5. touran22

touran22 Regular member

yh.... there are othr flashs on the psp....

6. paul91

paul91 Regular member

lol thanks for the link ;)

i'll try flashing it once i get a few confirmations that it works ok

7. Propagand

Propagand Regular member

thats crazy. what are the other flashes for? and did you make this? and if you did how come in your sig your psp isnt on the 3.40 LE thing.

8. touran22

touran22 Regular member

ok paul i assure u it works perfect. the only glitch it has for now is that once u flash you have to take out your MC and boot into the system then delte the data.daxr and all LE files.... thats it.

Also no i didn make it lol. and my sig hmm i havent updated my sigg for soo long. if i did then it would be like 3 more lines hahaha ive updated and downgraded so many times ive lost count!

9. foxrider

foxrider Guest

the recovery looks beautiful... but y does it say "3.51 wildcard" on the bottom right? anyway ill switch to it when they are done with 3.52, maybe

10. paul91

paul91 Regular member

maybe its a screenshot from a 3.51 LE beta or sumfin :S

11. foxrider

foxrider Guest

maybe, but that would be kinda wierd cause it says they r workin on 3.52... odd

12. Crazykid3

Crazykid3 Regular member

I don't know about you guys, but I seriously don't trust it. There is only two, count them one-two, flash's on a PSP: flash0 and flash1. Your entire Firmware is stored in flash0, while flash1 is used as RAM. That's it! There is NOT four flash's!!! The entire thing looks unstable and unprofessional with the =.=b and ^ ^! Come on! There is only one professional and stable custom Fireware for 3.40 and that's Dark_Alex's 3.40OE-A. How 'bout a little loyalty people?? And if ... if you want 3.52, Team M33 is working on update 3 for 3.52 M33 custom Firmware. Team M33 and Dark_Alex, they are the only true custom Firmware programmers. This "leaked edition" is a bunch of ...... garbage.

13. foxrider

foxrider Guest

u make a cfw then u will have the right to criticize lol

14. Shokz

Shokz Regular member

Well, tbh i don't trust it that much yet either, after people say how it goes, if it supports all the homebrew etc. then i'll consider it. Until then, i'm perfectly happy with 3.40 OE-A :)

15. XEnigmaX

XEnigmaX Regular member

Technically, the team didn't really make a custom firmware. They themselves admitted to reverse engineering DAX's work; they just added a couple of things.

I'm not going to criticize or praise this until I hear how both stable and compatible LE is with homebrew and games.

16. DZTYLE8O5

DZTYLE8O5 Guest

its pretty nice to say you have.. three point forty LE aka LEAKED EDITIOn... hahait sounndss good.. i bet its stable.. i had doubts about the m33 but its REALLY good..it plays all the ps games i have downloaded.. when i had my 3.40oe-a.. it wouldnt play rival schools, erghiez, or resident evil 3.. i hope m33-3 comes out REAL SOON. whocares about a seksii recovery menu.. its a recovery menu.. its not suppose to look seksii.. its suppose to look serious and scary.. ;].. anywho.. 3.40LE, its pretty alright..pretty girly

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2007
  17. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

I downgraded from a M33 firmware and installed this LE firmware. And I can honestly say if they keep these LE editions coming they are going to have a hit on there hands. I especially like the recovery menu in the XMB option. With it I can change CPU speed from the XMB, enable/disable plugins, and so much more. Plus its customizable like the OE firmwares, I never did get M33 to accept my custom theme. It's LE for me from now on :)

18. DZTYLE8O5

DZTYLE8O5 Guest

pea..... i was considering it.. only if it let you use cusotm topmenu_pluign.rco's like 3.03oe-c did... i knew it was stable because they did say they just added a few tweaks from DAX'z discovery... and also it doesnt have the NO UMD option does it? and alsoo is it safe to get to 1.5 from m33?? i know of people who are scared to do it.. please explain the process agian very quick and it will refresh my memory.......
    ------------------------------------
    and tell me...... do they let you access recovery the origianl way also? because how are you suppose to fix a semibrick if the only way getting to the recovery is in the xmb?? i bet the original way was kept also right ¿

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 7, 2007
  19. PeaInAPod

PeaInAPod Active member

@DZTYLE8O5

I believe you can customize with any 3.40 OE compatible theme. I have not had time to do it yet, but when I was on 3.40 OE I used the "Black 32" theme and customized it a bit, it is the same theme they show in this picture...
    [​IMG]

Granted I am using 3.40 LE and that photo is of 3.51 LE, but regardless it should work it is based off of DAX's firmware. And it does have a "No-UMD" option, I believe it uses the Sony ISO loader, because during flashing I believe I saw a file named something like no9660. And as far as downgrading to 1.5 from a M33 firmware, it is safe. I went into the recovery menu and ran a "Recovery" it downgraded back to 1.5 I then formatted my memorystick and upgraded to 3.40 LE without worries. A feature worth mentioning about the 3.40 LE firmware installer is that, after creating the DATA.DXAR to flash to memory the LE program performs a SHA1 checksum on the file to ensure it was properly created and not corrupted in any way. And yes you can still access the recovery menu the traditional way. Like I said I went from M33 to LE and haven't looked back. If team M33 wants to stay a contentder in the custom firmware "wars" it better finetune its firmwares and innovate with them.

20. zachier

zachier Regular member

Wow, just wow. It looks great and all, but is this really necessary? I mean, 3.40 OE-A is stable enough; no need for such revisions. But that's just my opinion, though.

As far as I know, flash2 and flash3 does exist. Flash2 contains half of the DRM for Sony's official PS1 emulator, and the other half is stored in the flash0. Flash3, on the other hand, is pretty much a dead weight; unused. It can be used, however, along with flash2 to redirect firmware elements such as fonts.