1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Reliable place to buy premodded PS2 (now)

Discussion in 'PS2 - Hardware boot discussion' started by MMD, Apr 25, 2007.

1. MMD

MMD Member

Hi. I'm sure this has been asked before, but I'm new here, so...

I'm looking to upgrade my PS2 w/ flip top kit and Swap Magic to a modchipped console. I'm not interested in doing it myself, so I'm wanting to buy a (slim) pre-mod. Who currently is the best supplier for premods? The site I would normally use - modchipman.com is out of stock. I've been through this board a bit, but several of the recommended links are no longer around. So, who's good right now?

I was thinking of ordering from www.xbox-modchips.com, but I've seen a lot of negative feedback and that has scared me off a bit.

Also, which chip is better? The Matrix Infinity or the DS4? Or will it not make a whole lot of difference.

Oh, and if it matters, I'm looking mostly for a relaible service, not the best price.

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.

2. steimy

steimy Active member

If your in the USA http://www.teammodders.com/
    you can find what you need there.
    You can find customer reveiws in the site feedback section of the forums, and also install pictures in the PS2 forum section.
    The chip depends on what you want to do, each has it's own good and bad points.
    Crystal Chip V2.0
    Matrix Infinity Green Dot
    DMS4 Pro SE
    those are the top 3, and it depends what you want to do as to which is best for you.

Like the Crystal chip is best for people who play online
    The DMS4 Pro has nice built in features like Hard drive support, cheat device built in, and can play DVD9 back ups without patching them.
    Matrix Infinity i am not sure of specific features but was told by the installer at TM that it is the most stable chip he installs.

Last edited: Apr 26, 2007
  3. MMD

MMD Member

Thanks. I found out about Teammodders after I posted. Feedback on them seems to be good, so I'm planning on placing an order asap.

4. hyper111

hyper111 Member

http://www.sell.com/22GRLR

That should help you.

These are used PS2's preinstalled with the NEW Duo3 Gold modchip.
    I have many of these systems for sale. I clean, repair if needed, and test the systems with all formats. If all boot well I install a modchip. I sold allot of these on ebay before they made me stop, because modchips, game enhancers, and boot disc's violate ebay policy.

System comes with:

1- Power Cord
    1- Your choice of A/V Cable or RF Adapter
    1- One Controller(May be Sony or Third Party)
    As an added bonus you will be able to choose 20 FREE PS2 games from a list of over 500 titles!(Contact me for current game list)

If you own a DVD writer and software like "Nero" or "Alcohol 120%" you can make and play your own PS2 & PS1 backup games, as well as play import games.
    I give 30 days to report any problems, for repair, or replacement.
    Below is some information on the modchip.

Product Description: The Duo3 is here, this is the offical replacement to the great Duo2 GT. The Duo3 now features 3.3v for better stability in PS2 models ranging from v1-v14. The Duo3 also comes with a LED to let you know the chip is functioning. The Duo2 GT was a great chip, and now that great chip has got just that little bit better. So if you were a Duo fan, we think your going to like the new eddition to the family the Duo3.

Product Features:

Full Direct boot of all media types (PS1, PS2, CD-R, DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW, DVD9 or DVD+RW)
    New ON / OFF technology to deactivate the Modchip function
    Network adapter (PlayStation 2 broadband connection) ready
    Direct boot Imports / Backups without the swap method - just like Originals
    Direct boot of PSX original Imports
    Direct boot of PSX Backups (CD-R)
    Direct boot of PlayStation 2 original Imports (CD, DVD and DVD 9)
    Direct boot of PlayStation 2 Backups (CD-R, DVD±R)
    Multi Disc ready
    NTSC and PAL ready
    Compatible with PS2 MediaPlayer 1.50 (DivX, Mp3, jpeg)
    ActionReplay MAX, ActionReplay V2 and GameShark2 ready (for all who use GS2 / AR2 cheatcodes)
    Does not effect your DVD player - all original features of the PlayStation 2 remain the same
    Autodetect the PlayStation 2 version and region (NTSC, PAL) - don't worry which country you are in
    Bonus feature: Overheating protection - the chip switch off if the DUO chip or the PS2 Motherboard is to hot!

NOTE:Other Modchips also available for additional cost.

Modchip Install Service also available: Labor Fat PS2 - $55.00 Slim PS2 - $65.00 (includes laser fix and return shipping)+ chip cost

5. ps2modgod

ps2modgod Guest

you can also check out http://www.norcalmods.com

They don't have premods listed but often times you can email them with what you are after and they can hook you up. Unbelievable work these guys do have a look at the gallery here

http://www.norcalmods.com/gallery

You cant go wrong with them

6. nugga

nugga Member

Hey I'm also looking for a pre-modded ps2 for sale. I contacted teammodders and Norcal and apparently both are a no-go. Teammodders hasn't replied to my request while Norcal just doesn't do pre-modded ps2s. Anyone know any other reliable sources to buy pre-modded ps2s?

7. hyper111

hyper111 Member

did you not read my post?

8. techblue

techblue Member

Another reliable place that I recommend to buy premods is trustedmods.com. I have ordered from them before and my order were quickly fulfilled within a week. The guy(Bernie)who runs that place responds to my e-mails ultra fast, does great work, and have the best prices(he doesn't charge any lame paypal fees) out of all the vendor that I have shop at. I suggest you give them a try.

9. gp376

gp376 Guest

yep , i had a ps2 and wii done by trustedmods.com . couldn't be happier ..