1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

relocation failure

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by 84fxsb, Feb 3, 2007.

1. 84fxsb

84fxsb Member

Hi, I'm still kind new at this but I've been buring movies sucessfully using DVD Shrink, Any DVD (v. 6.1.1.4) and Nero ultra 7. Recently, I've gotten this error when trying to burn "The Descent", and "Talledga Nights." The movies backup with no problem but when the burning process goes to pop up I get this, "DVD Video File Relocation Failed." I then get a long list of tech dribble after the statement. When it happened once I thought, maybe a bad sector on the disk, but I'm thinking now it's something new in a method of thwarting me from burning. Can anyone explain?

2. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

The newer copy protections alter the structure in an attempt to make recording software see the files as noncompliant. The warning you got is becoming a common sight. I've seen it several times and in each case I burned and the resulting backup played the way it was supposed to. So, as long as the software is up to date and working as it should, the burns should be okay.

3. 84fxsb

84fxsb Member

I just received a notice from ANY DVD that they are starting up a forum as well. Would it be advantageous to post this issue on their forum and perhaps they (Slysoft) would modify their software to combat this? A couple of other people on this forum seemed to have experienced this problem and believe it's a style of encryption that won't ley ANYDVD, DVDSHRINK, and NERO communicate with each other properly. I mean we all know the game. They try more powerful encryptions, we try to get software that works around it.

4. laddyboy

laddyboy Regular member

Try Ripit4me on those Sony protected disks. It doesn't seem to have any problems at all that I can tell. AnyDVD works most of the time but having Ripit4me in your arsenal as well is always a good thing. Several former AnyDVD users have made Ripit4me their main program for backing up. I think the AnyDVD problem has been getting it to work with the discontinued DVD Shrink. AnyDVD along with Slysoft's CloneDVD seems to work OK even on the newer Sony machinations, based on reports I've read.

Ripit4me: http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/422740

5. PacMan777

PacMan777 Regular member

This is nothing new except for those who first encounter the "Reallocation" warning. As I said, it's old news. Do the burn and forget about it unless the backup doesn't play properly. Just about everyone using Nero and burning backups of new releases using the ARccOS and Puppetmaster copy protection get that warning. You can report it to AnyDVD or Nero at the Ahead website, but they will tell you the same or in the case of Nero they may tell you they're not responsible for errors caused while trying to backup factory DVDs. Do the burn and then report on how it played.