1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remember those TEON's..

Discussion in 'DVD±R media' started by Juhnny, Dec 30, 2004.

1. Juhnny

Juhnny Member

Remember those Teon's 8xDVD-R's on sale at Staples? I I bought a bunch and burned over 100 dvd's with no problems. However, I have had problems making copies of the backup with these dvd's. I use NERO and so far 7 dvd's have recieved failure to burn during the process. It varied anywhere from 10% thru 93% done. I burned some at 4x,6x and 8x and have received the burn failure. I have been able to burn some with no problems also. Anyone else have any problems with making copies of backups with these? Again no problems on the inititial backup.

I was wondering if it could be the media or if I ran my Burner to long. I had burned for 12 hrs straight. Do you need to let the PC cool down after a while?

2. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

My buddy got the -8x teons and they coded at c-magnetics,burned and played ok.

I got the + 8x's teons and they code at ricohjpn01.In the 20 pack spindle. I haven't tried copying that copy,but I know to stay away from cmags.

I have copied from my copy of verbatim +8x mcc-003,flawless.

3. Juhnny

Juhnny Member

So you think it's the media then and not the comp overworked?

4. saugmon

saugmon Senior member

I would say so,just my opinion though.I haven't burned more than 3 hours.

Another buddy of mine I just got started about a month ago tried to rip a copy of my verbatim digital movie quality +4x. He came over last night and gave me back that copy "mcc002"and I gave him a copy of the verbatim +8x mcc003 of the same movie,by far the best I have used.I will find out if he successfully ripped that copy when he gets off of work later.

I mainly used those teon + 8x's in my tv home burner because they worked the best out of all I have tried. That is why I mainly stick with the + formats. And the word I get from here at AD is the + seems to have better Quality than the -.

5. TurboB18C

TurboB18C Member

My friend buys those lol. I do all the burning for him. out of over 200 discs I would say almost 25% have some sort of problem. They have various problems like burning at much slower speeds than listed, artifecting on copies that supposedly burned proper and the main problem w/ Teons is their propensity to turn into 300m targets...or coasters.

I've been using Fuji TY's and TDK TT0G's w/o a single failure and I'm in the several hundred disk range atm.

6. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Anything made by CMC-Mag is usually junk. They are known to sometimes burn ok but a few months down the line they have playback problems or won't play at all. Anytime you buy a store brand (Staples, OfficeMax, OfficeDepot, Comp USA) you never know what you are getting until its too late. One batch may be from a good company but most are not. Its better paying a few cents more per disc and order some Ritek blanks.

Jerry