1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

remote play on ps3 will start normal but not on net

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by insaneuk, Feb 3, 2008.

1. insaneuk

insaneuk Member

as it says rally, if i stick the ps3 in remote mode so to speak and then try to conenct it with the psp it will do that fine using the direct connection as it was ad-hoc or what ever you call it.

but when i stick remote start on the ps3 and then turn it off, try to access the remote part using my wireless router which i'm guessing should use the internet even thou there on the same router. it just sits there times out then gives me an error.

ps3 wont turn on or nothing. the psp is registed and ps3 is set to remote on etc.

any ideas, had a quick search but all i can find it stuff about if it dont work at all kinda thing

2. insaneuk

insaneuk Member

the error code that i get when it times out is

8001006f

3. insaneuk

insaneuk Member

hmmm now i'm getting "a connection error has occurred, the connection to the ps3 system has timedout"

hhhheellpp :(

right now i'm gettin confused :S

if i have the ps3 on and in the remote play section and i connect the psp thru remote via internet on the same router, soon as it goes off thou it wont come back on via psp. the green light is on to say thats it's remote standby mode etc.

when i enable the remote play and switch it off the ps3 comes on andif i leave it it goes off again as it should

and now i'm getting the 800 error again :S :S :S

but now if i select remote play and then select via local adhock method it turns the ps3 on and works fine so it's just on the net that it wont work it seems

Last edited: Feb 3, 2008