1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remote play with 3.10 OE A

Discussion in 'Sony PSP - Mod and firmware discussion' started by Divenbomb, May 22, 2007.

1. Divenbomb

Divenbomb Member

Using customer firmware 3.10 OE A on a TA-86 mobo and the newest firmware on ps3 (1.7?)and it will not let me setup remote play.

Every time it asks to register the device, upon plugging in the psp and either putting it into usb connection mode or by going to remote play the ps3 always states that there are no psp's connected. I have some generic guides on how to get this to work, but none of them mention the "register your device before you can use" requirement.

Anyone have any ideas of how to fix this, is it not compatable with my mobo version?, the firmware I'm currently using?, is there a special trick like firmware spoofing that would work? I don't know, any help would be appreciated though.

2. ebubba166

ebubba166 Member

I saw that exact problem mentioned in this thread:

http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=56265

Did you downgrade using one of the original 2.71 > 1.5 downgraders? They caused problems with the keys and the application that is linked in the thread above can help with that.

If you used a non-corrupting downgrader then I don't think that thread will help you.

3. Divenbomb

Divenbomb Member

I think I used the 2.81 or the 2.71 downgrader (the one were you put the device into HEN mode and run that image file...)

So it sounds like my idstorage keys which were patched or removed, and I need to go through that link to restore a proper key... ok, thats extremely helpful ebubba, thanks alot

4. DoubleDwn

DoubleDwn Regular member

Just wanted to jump in and say thanks for the link. I just realized that my PSP does not work with my PS3 yesterday. I have already created the bin for key 43, and will fix the storage keys when I get home tonight.

Looking forward to getting remote play working again. (Never new it was broken since I upgraded to an OE).

~Rich

5. ebubba166

ebubba166 Member

You're welcome!

I used a 2.71 downgrader a week or two ago and didn't realize until after that it might have corrupted the keys. I checked that thread and it said I had used a non-corrupting downgrader. That key cleaner app has helped quite a few people.

6. Divenbomb

Divenbomb Member

Well darn, heres what my keys look like, it says I soft downed my system and this is what state my psp is in

key 4 = ok
    key 5 = patched key
    key 6 = ok
    key 8 = no key
    key 41 = ok
    key 42 = cleared
    key 43 = ok
    key 45 = ok
    key 46 = cleared
    key 47 = ok

which seems to be ok... stil won't be recognized though...

7. Divenbomb

Divenbomb Member

nm, key 43 is not in correct state

8. Divenbomb

Divenbomb Member

ok I figured it out, downlaoded and ran the key cleaner, ran the normal fix w/o files, then found that 43 was still off from what was listed above

then I dumped the keys, edited them with a hex editor and made 43 match the one listed here: http://harleyg.net/docs/idtable.txt

after that it registered just fine :)

9. BigSlick

BigSlick Member

I am having this problem, however just updated to 3.71M33 which I'm pretty sure included a step to fix corrupt downgraders - any help would be much appreciated