1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removable Drive

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by danmofo, Feb 21, 2007.

1. danmofo

danmofo Member

Is it possible to use your iPod as a sort of USD flash drive stick thing? Sometimes i have large files, which don't fit on my flash memory stick, and i need to transfer them to my other PC. I tried looking in my computer..only saw a notes and something else, if i dragged into there would i be able to plug into another computer and fetch the files?

Another thing..can you explore the iPod without having any iPod software of any kind installed? Like can you search straight away in My Computer or do you have to enable something with itunes, sorry if these questions have been asked before..

~

PS: Reason is a game i play won't patch on my friends computer..all the files in the game folder are around 1.2Gb and my flash memory stick can only hold 1gig, making 2 journeys isnt an option as it's like a 20 min drive over there <_< and yes, i've tried compressing them and stuff, just wont fit on.

2. DarkJello

DarkJello Regular member

Drag and drop to the iPod, then unload on your other computer. It's more like an external hardrive than a flash drive, but accomplishes what you're looking to do.

Disk mode needs to be enabled.