1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

removal of the disc tray cover on a version 9

Discussion in 'PS2' started by kaptnkrap, Aug 31, 2004.

1. kaptnkrap

kaptnkrap Member

I've been researching how to use a slidecard on a version 9 PS2. From what the instructions say, there's a screw in the corner of the tray along with clips or something on the sides. My version 9 doesn't have either. However, my friend's version 3 fits that description perfectly. Anyone know how to get the cover off on a version 9? One other question, do I have to use the real card, or can I just use a credit card or something? I see it has a notch to latch onto a hook to pull it back on the slide back. But on my friend's V3 when I use a credit card, the hook goes back into place when I push the tray back in. I'd be greatly thankful to whoever answers my questions. I've been looking everywhere.

2. Fuzzy_C

Fuzzy_C Regular member

all you really need to do the slide card thing is just something to push the pin over so a credit card will work, i never had to use the slide card i made to close the drive, always just gave it a lil shove when it was almost closed and it closed itself, for the front tray, you don't even need to remove any screw, i did i multiple times without removing any screw, it's just an extra un-needed step, but the clips on the sides should be the same for a v9, atleast as far as i know, eject the drive, hold the tray wiht your hand and lightly jiggle the front plate and you should be able to see where the clips on the side are and how they're attached, then you can just use a flat head screwdriver to pop them up a little bit, just enough to get the front free, little flat head jewelers screwdrivers work the best.

3. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

the screw is at the front bottom of the cd tray, you don't really need to take it off, cuz you just put it back on later anyway, just gently pull un the front piece, and stick a small screw driver or your finger nail under one of the clips, when you get it off, just do the same for the other one (stole that from Fuzzy_C). and the you can make your own slide card from this template [​IMG]

4. nelswick

nelswick Regular member

damn you beat me to it while i was looking for that template :D
    _X_X_X_X_X_[small][​IMG][/small]

Last edited: Aug 31, 2004
  5. nintari

nintari Member

Well I can answer your question 100% because I had the same problem. Your version PS2 doesn't have the screw. All you have to do is gently "unclip" the two clips on the right and left of the tray and it pops right off.

Be carefull though. I got frustrated and pulled a little too hard and the left clip snapped off lol.

Last edited: Aug 31, 2004
  6. kaptnkrap

kaptnkrap Member

Hehheh, thanks everyone. I also go frusterated and part of the tray clipped off. ^_^ Then it had eject problems which somehow fixed themselves.

7. meta1

meta1 Regular member

I broke the side clips on mine, but they aren't needed anyway.
    Just open the disk tray, hold the try with one hand and pull at the front of the tray with your other hand, if you do as i did and break some clips on either side of the front don't worry throw them away and the front will still clip on as normal.
    Don't do as i did and hit the tray with a screwdriver if you ever go into self-repair, the front breaks very easily without the cover on.