1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove BLACK LINES from a NON-ENHACED DVD

Discussion in 'DVD±R for advanced users' started by barny, Feb 14, 2004.

1. barny

barny Member

I have beed useing dvd2one for a while now. most of the time it is great but on sometimes a dvd probably older dvds are not enhanced for widescreen dvds. so you have to zoom in on the picture a lose screen resolution. does anyone know how to crop the black lines on the picture so you can change the screen from 4:3 to 16:9 on the ifo edit program

2. herbsman

herbsman Moderator Staff Member

There isn't always both title sets on the DVD. But if when using DVD2One you have the choice of title sets that are the same length exactly ... ie; 1:46:49 [so you know they are both the movie]
    Well one will be 16:9 [widescreen] & the other is 4:3 [full-screen]
    There is no set method for which way round they shown , sometimes the top title set might be 4:3 & sometimes not. Each DVD will be different.

If you are trying to remove widescreen bars full stop , your picture is always going to look elongated !!

(Best solution is one which I am soon to do myself , and that's buy a Widescreen TV - [bold]lol[/bold])

3. barny

barny Member

I have a widscreen TV. The problem i have is when i put some dvds on to it the 16:9 picture is small in the middle of the screen. when i go onto ifo edit to enhance the dvd for widscreen it works but only stretches the picture i can't remove the black bars without zooming in

4. Pontius

Pontius Regular member

you can use DVD2AVI to crop and resize a movie.