1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove white background

Discussion in 'Digital photography' started by jhorror, Mar 9, 2009.

1. jhorror

jhorror Member

I have a logo that needs to have the white background removed. I've looked at dozens of sites explaining the process and downloaded I don't know how many programs that "easily" do this. I've come to the point that I just can't figure it out.

Before I pay an online service to do this for me, I was wondering if any of you more savvy than me people would be willing to do it for me? I usually can figure this kind of thing out, but I am frustrated and stumped at this point.

Like I said, I do have the option of paying an online service to do this, so if it's a big deal, don't worry about it.

I have the image in it's original pdf file, and also in jpg, gif and png.

Thanks,

chase

2. vballstud

vballstud Guest

It's usually easiest using a gif file... at least for me it is.

Try this free online gif tool first. If you can't get what you need done, let me know and I'll try to do it for you. I generally use this website for avatar editing. I also use it to quickly make transparent backgrounds.

Upload or provide the url for the image here ( 400kb max )...
    http://www.gifworks.com/cgi-bin/gifworks.pl?com=transfer_open

- Select EDIT.
    - Drop down to TRANSPARIFY or REPLACE COLOR.
    - Select the color you want to make transparent or replace and click on it in the image in the pop-up window.
    - The pop-up window should close after you select the color.
    - right click on the image and SAVE.

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 9, 2009
  3. jhorror

jhorror Member

I tried the site you suggested, still couldn't get it right. Problem was that their is white in the image, as well, which I wanna leave white. I just want the white background gone. If you wanna give it a try, let me know. Thanks for your time.

chase

4. vballstud

vballstud Guest

I'd need the image... upload the file to photobucket and post the url.

5. vballstud

vballstud Guest

guess it wasn't that important...