1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing DVD X COPY Platinum warning backup logo!!!

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by socon, Aug 22, 2004.

1. socon

socon Guest

2. dlc2000

dlc2000 Regular member

you shouldnt post your email here unless you like spam ! your box is gonna be plum full !

3. socon

socon Guest

dlc2000 ?? plum full lol email is there im lost explain a little better. =)

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Spambots. Try googling the term.

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

6. flip218

flip218 Moderator Staff Member

7. steve11

steve11 Member

i found 321 gone really good but it doesnt seem to work so well on episodic dvds , tried kung fu season 1 recently and it doesnt work!

have also tried the ifoedit way and it always seem to activate the subtitles - well annoying!!!

has any one else found that when you remove the backup logo by doing the jump to title thing with ifoedit it alway seems to jump to the start of the movie rather than to the menu?

i think i may have found a way around this but will try another few to make sure

any help with the subtitles would be appreciated, it seems well amateurish to have backups where you need to switch the subtitles off!!!

8. WesleyHes

WesleyHes Member

I've been using DVDXCopy Platinum RF 4.0.4.15 and AnyDVD with great success. No "Backup" screen or dialog boxes asking if the DVD is a rental, etc.

Just used DVDXCopy Platinum 4.0.3.8 with the "ripper patch" available in this forum with success too and without having to use AnyDVD. However, the "Backup" screen is used and the dialog boxes reappear.

So, for me, using the RF (ripper free) version has actually been better thanks to AnyDVD: no "Backup" screen and no dialog boxes just straight backing up.

Still great to be able to use ANY version of this software since I paid $150 for it when I first got into DVD burning with my first (and still only) burner. Of course then, I hadn't done enough googling and only learned $150 later about DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter both of which I use and love.

I like free but I do pay for what I consider good and easy to use software. I remember after downloading and using Shrink & Decrypter buying AnyDVD "anyway". ;-) I also like and use CloneDVD2 and Nero Recode2. With DVDXCopy, I prefer the Simple Mode (Express) because I still haven't taken the time to learn DVDXCopy's TDF thingy or whatever. Easy of use is where CloneDVD2 and Nero Recode2 shine in my opinion and why I purchased them.

Currently I'm trialing ImTOO's Ripper pack and will probably purchase it. Really like backing up DVDs to CDs too. Nero Recode2 is the fastest on my P4 2.66 GHz laptop however. ImTOO is more "realtime" i.e. 2 hour movie equals 2+ hours of processing but it can output in more standard VCD and SuperVCD formats which is what I'm currently looking for (already conquered DVD to DVD so-to-speak).

Sorry about most of the last part of this post. I know it's off topic but I don't post much. ;-)

P.S. There is an option that can be checked or unchecked in AnyDVD that either allows the DVD to go to the menu (through any adverts and/or trailers for better or worse) or to go straight to the move. I personally like the later.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2004
  9. flip218

The "ripper patch" ... are you referring to 321Rip? If so, it was not meant to work with v4.0.3.8 and your right will not help at all to remove the "DVD WARNING" backup screen. What will work with v4.0.3.8 is 321Gone. But will only work with Xpress (Platinum simple mode).

321Rip is meant to work with 4.0.4.15RF, it will enable the ripper.

10. WesleyHes

WesleyHes Member

Thank you for the clarification. You are correct.

11. dvd2me

dvd2me Member

Hi,
    Newbie here. Have DVD X Platinum (one of the last copies available from a retailer). Haven't used it yet but I believe it is the version that includes the ripper. Would like to know if a Sony Vaio TR3A can handle this software. Has anyone had success using it from a laptop with an external dvd burner? If so please let me know the specs on the laptop.
    The Sony TR3A has:
    1.0 Ghz Pentium M Centrino processor (I'm told it's equivalent to a 1.5-1.7 Ghz Pentium 4.
    512mb ram
    64mb shared video card
    40gb hard drive, 4200rpm
    Is DVD X Platinum is doable on it?
    Thanks

12. WesleyHes

WesleyHes Member

dvd2me:

I personally wouldn't consider myself a newbie now but I'm no extreme expert either. However, I do believe your system is up to the task of running DVD X Copy. Notebook or desktop is really a non-issue based a system specs. I'm currently use DVD X Copy and many other DVD backup software packages successfully with my HP laptop (P4 2.8GHz, 512MB, 40GB (4200 RPM) Harddrive and USB 2.0). I use a external iomega 4x burner.
    CPU and Harddrive performance do effect time. I started out backing up DVDs using my Dell laptop (P3 1.2Ghz, 512MB, 30GB (7200 RPM) Harddrive and USB 1.1). I purchased DVD X Copy Platinum for about $150 then and just got my burner at the time(had to get a USB 2.0 PCMCIA card too). Anyway, backing up a full DVD then took about an hour and a half from encoding to finish burn.
    Now, with the HP laptop (using the same 4x burner minus the USB 2.0 PCMCIA card) it takes less than 55 minutes from start to finished burn.
    I've learned that CPU speed AND power, Hard Drive Speed, Connectivity Speed (USB in my case) and Memory have impact on DVD backup performance - of course burner speed too at the end. Using a laptop or desktop makes no difference but the specs above do.
    I've now added an external USB 2.0 7200 RPM Harddrive and I've seen a performance boost there alone (5 minutes saved at least). Using a P4 instead of a P3 has shaved off alot of time too. I had some issues using the Dell because it has USB 1.1 and having to use the PCMCIA USB 2.0 card. To me, going to a USB 2.0 system made a difference but I have no actual proof of that - I just believe it.

Anyway, YES your system is up to the task. "How long will it take to backup a DVD?" is another question you'll have to find out for yourself using your system.

P.S. The use of 4200 RPM harddrives in laptops I'm sure is to cut costs but I really don't like the practice. It's one spec you really have to dig for to find most of the time. Wish I had unearthed it before my laptop purchase instead of after. Oh well, have the external 7200 RPM drive really has helped.

13. dvd2me

dvd2me Member

WesleyHes

Thanks for the info! Makes me breath a lot easier.

Had ordered the Sony TR3A and it should be arriving next week. Needed something very small and ultra portable since I travel alot but was concerned about whether it could handle DVD X Platinum when I'm home.

I know what you mean about laptop hard drive RPMs. Unfortunately not many laptops are available with the faster 5600 (I know Mac Powerbooks are configurble but DVD X can't run on them) or 7200 RPMs especially in the ultra portables. Agree with you that any laptop would be a stronger/faster machine if they were available! Had looked at the system requirements for DVD X Platinum and one thing mentioned that gave me some worry was that it said a 5600 RPM hard drive was needed. From what you've said it sound like it is possible to use DVD X on the TR3A but from encoding to finish burn may not be the speediest. I'm guessing that it would take about the 1 1/2 hours (or more) that you experienced on your P3?

What you said about your external drive RPM and external burner speed I hadn't even taken into account. I have a couple of externals running at 7200 RPM (one USB 2 and the other w/ firewire and USB 2). The external burner I'd be using is an NEC 8x also w/ firewire and USB 2. The media I'd be using is 4x though so I'd set the burner for that speed. I'm hoping that the higher external drive speed and the burner speed will shorten the encoding to finish time?

Will DVD X Platinum automatically recognize an external hard drive when it's conected to the laptop and use that to run the program? Apologies if the answer to this question may be obvious but am so new to this - never used any kind of DVD backup or video editing ever.

Do you suggest connecting the drive or the burner via USB 2 or firewire? Is one better than the other? The TR3A has 2 USB 2 ports and one firewire port so technically I can connect both via USB 2 or one by USB 2 and one by firewire. I also have a pcmcia firewire card incase I need another firewire conection (although your experiece w/ your USB 2 pcmcia card makes me wonder if connecting either via a pcmcia card is a good choice. What connection do you suggest for 1/the external drive and 2/the external burner?

Have you used either ULead or Pinnacle 9 SE? Also hoping these programs will work on the TR3A? Hope you don't mind all the questions. You sound like you've had a lot of success using DVD X and well beyond newbie status. I really appreciate your input.

Thanks again.

14. flip218

WesleyHes & dvd2me,

Your guys/gals last few posts have been off topic. This thread is about removing the "DVD Backup" warning that XCopy puts on backups.

15. dvd2me

dvd2me Member

Apologies.

New to forum. (Linked to it when looking up sony "click to dvd") Can you move this to an appropriate thread where my questions can be answered? If you coud post which thread that would be so I know where to look I'd appreciate it.

WesleyHes - if you could keep an eye out for what post that would be and answer there that would be really great.

Thank you!

16. flip218

dvd2me,

I've seen problems using an external burner with XCopy. Try DVD Shrink and DVD Decrypter both are free.

Any problems post in Afterdawn's Shrink forum or Newbie forum.

17. dvd2me

dvd2me Member

Much obliged!

18. ecko223

ecko223 Guest

hm....321 gone doesnt seem to work on DVD X Copy Platinum. It only works on DVD X Copy XPRESS. So i recommend using ifo edit to get rid of it on DVD X COPY PLATINUM. But use 321 gone on DVD X COPY XPRESS.

lol i said DVD X COPY soo many times hehe.