1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

removing extras completely

Discussion in 'DVD Shrink forum' started by nismodvd, Sep 7, 2004.

1. nismodvd

nismodvd Guest

hi,
    I am trying to backup a dvd, without the extra features. I want to get rid of all the extras completely to retain maximum quality of the main movie. Is it possible? I have tried using by increasing the compression on the extras, even by converting the extras to a still image but I still end up about 80mb too big. I just want the main movie as this is a kids dvd which will be used and abused.

Q: can i reduce extras to zero size or remove completely using dvd shrink?

2. bruwery

bruwery Member

Yes, click the "Reauthor" icon in DVD Shrink. Drag the titles you want to keep over to the left frame. In you case, it will simply be the title listed under "Video"

After doing this, click on the "Compression" tab to view the details within that title. At this point, if it's still compressed further than you'd like, uncheck any languages you don't want.

3. zippyd

zippyd Regular member

You can also edit the start and end points of a movie to save on compression. On really long ones I'll hack off the end credits and the studio intros.

[​IMG]