1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Removing second audio

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by Trippo81, Nov 15, 2004.

1. Trippo81

Trippo81 Member

Hello! I'm a totally newbye. I've downloaded a divX file ripped from a dvd but there's a problem: you can hear 2 differents audio tracks (first and second language). Is there a way to remove one of them?

2. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member

Hello Trippo,
    Hmmm... well, it is possible to have a primary and a secondary audio track in an AVI, although it is unusual.
    I suppose you must use GSpot or something to figure out if this is the case.
    NanDub will work with the video, the primary audio, and the secondary audio, and you should be able to discard the one you don't want (and make your AVI 50-100MBs smaller in the process :)
    Perhaps a more sophisticated player, such as the DivX player, could offer you a choice of playback audio stream, which is something that WMP for example, does not do.
    That's Windows Media Player Mr. NooB! LoL ;)
    Hopefully your DivX file does not actually have 2 audio streams mixed into one audio track, or it is total garbage and will be sleepin' in your Recycle Bin before long...
    Regards

3. Trippo81

Trippo81 Member

Ok GSpot tells me that there are 2 audio stream but it only let me hear one of them (the one I want) now... how can I remove the other one?

4. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Wrong forum. Thread moved.

5. The_OGS

The_OGS Active member